Blurry Textures

macca22au

One of the oldest subjects in the game, but, in spite of good gear I have never hit on the magical combination of settings to yield crisp scenery.

I have an i7 770k driving a 1080 Founders Edition.  I only have the minimum RAM for 64bit, and that is my only "under", which I can quickly change.

I would really like to know the best in-game settings and NVidia global and P3Dv4 settings?

Many topics like this have had no reply, so I would be grateful for kind persons to please respond.

Frankly, it sometimes takes a lot of experimentation to get really good results.  This is because people have different hardware and software, but they also have different things they want out of flight sim.  They fly different airplanes in different ways at different times and places all of which effects system performance.  The end result is that there doesn't seem to be any one group of settings that works for everybody.

Nevertheless, my basic rule is change one thing at a time and don't make the system work to display something you cannot see.  My guess is that with your hardware you would not have blurries if you flew a basic aircraft like a Piper Cub, for example, in a more or less flat coastal region that was not very built up.  That would give you confidence that you can get rid of the blurries. Then go to a more complicated airplane in a more built up area.  Eventually the blurries will creep back in and you can start reducing settings, one at a time to see what works best in your setup.  

I suspect someone on this forum might be able to give you some advice on Nvidia settings for P3Dv4.  All I can suggest is to limit frame rates to 30 or even slightly lower.  Also with P3Dv4, which is derived from FSX probably this biggest load on performance is autogen, clouds, and traffic. On the P3Dv4 thread on this forum there are screen shots of different setting you can try.  That would be another good place to start. 

Archived