Very VERY slow scenario loads after reinstall

Ok so first off I freely admit that this might be a case of less haste, more speed!

Thanks to a Windows 10 update problem the Microsoft tech people felt the best thing to do was to do a clean install of Windows 10 which kept all my folders but of course meant that as far as the system goes the programs don't exist.

I seemed to remember ( I hear people starting to sigh at this point :) ) that you could simply copy the ORBX folder out of the Lockheed Martin folder and then put it back once you have reinstalled P3D so that is what I did.  I ran FTX Central and all my sceneries were showing as installed.

However I am experiencing horrendous scenario load up times, especially when it goes to the 70% loading Autogen objects mark.  When it does eventually load (after about 7-10mins) there are some objects eg some people, buildings, static aircraft.  There isn't much in the way of trees.

I ran the migration troubleshooter (just by way of doing some diagnostics) and it came back saying that there were some Global files missing.  I reinstalled that from a fresh download and I am still having the same issue.

Is this a simple case of "that's what you get for taking a lazy shortcut instead of doing the job properly" or have I missed a trick somewhere? 

Is the general rule when you reinstall P3D you must do a fresh install of all ORBX?

Hello,

I wrote a topic about this to try and help those who find themselves in your situation.

Unfortunately, it is of little use after the fact and you will have many missing files.

I would suggest that if you delete all the Version text files from ORBX\User documents\Versions

and reinstall all your products, they will once again have no missing files and work as intended.

It shouldn't take too long, as you will have most of the files already.

Just to confirm Nick, followed your suggestion and it worked a treat, minimal downloads but enough to show me how much was missing from my bodge job. Now all is fine and I am ready to take a look at the sale.
I appreciate your help, saved me an awful lot of time sir!

Archived