FTX OpenLC NA Midwest Too Green

Mitch24

Hello, I just purchased FTX OpenLC NA, and I was disappointed to see that the midwest area is way too green. I live in the Denver area, and I am telling you the textures are too green. Here are some picture comparisons:

Here is the color in the sim: 

Capture.jpg&key=e95650cfa6535907ade29ebd

Here is what it SHOULD look like:

Screen_Shot_2018_05_05_at_9_27_46_AM.png

I make a request to please update the textures. I am not sure if it is a landclass issue or a FTX global issue. (I own both). I can tell you the colors are incorrect and many other users on Avsim Corroborate this as well.

Thank you

So after some testing, I have found that the textures in the SUMMER seem to be accurate and good. However the textures in the spring are still wayyy too green. The first picture is in the Spring.

The Denver area should not look like a Rain Forest. 

It goes beyond a dry-ish region like Denver.   Soft/hard winter textures are way too green for most of North America also.

I know the Grand Canyon was "fixed" to be more brown/tan,, but there are a bunch of soft/hard winter textures that need more brown/tans (and less green), too.  If that's possible to adjust, it would be worthwhile...

13 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Thank you for your comment.

What type of support are you asking for?

I would like some input on the colors that are incorrect in the western region instead of just blatantly ignoring the inaccuracy despite many reports. I would like to see an update to the colors!!!

Noted.

I don't see rain forests but a good representation of what is around the city

subject to the limitations of the simulator.

I cannot make a comparison with your screen shot as there is no indication of where it might be.

Spring, a much less bright green and with a good deal of light brown.

Untitled.jpg

On 5/5/2018 at 4:39 PM, Mitch24 said:

So after some testing, I have found that the textures in the SUMMER seem to be accurate and good. However the textures in the spring are still wayyy too green. The first picture is in the Spring.

The Denver area should not look like a Rain Forest. 

"The Denver area should not look like a Rain Forest. " 

Well, I wouldn't go that far.

OpenLC North America actually does a pretty darn good job for such a vast area.

If you want the Denver area to look exactly like it does in reality then you should look into photoreal scenery; or wait for a regional scenery pack, which is much more customized and accurate as it covers a smaller area.  Hopefully ORBX will continue to develop regional scenery packs for the rest of the U.S.

Dave

18 hours ago, dave302 said:

"The Denver area should not look like a Rain Forest. " 

Well, I wouldn't go that far.

OpenLC North America actually does a pretty darn good job for such a vast area.

If you want the Denver area to look exactly like it does in reality then you should look into photoreal scenery; or wait for a regional scenery pack, which is much more customized and accurate as it covers a smaller area.  Hopefully ORBX will continue to develop regional scenery packs for the rest of the U.S.

Dave

Well, I did go that far because it's accurate. I live in the Denver region and know what it's like. But fine, don't take my word for it and ignore my request. (Even after several people on Avsim agreed that It was too green)

Archived