Failure to download and / or install EU NETHERLANDS TRUE EARTH

ALZ150A

Dear Srs.
Previously I wrote this post in the Spanish forum, but nobody should know the answer, which is why I write it here.
Thanks for your comprehension.
Two days ago I bought EU NETHERLANDS TRUE EARTH. I tried to install it about a dozen times. On all occasions, when it has downloaded approximately 80% or more, the installation is interrupted and a mesage with a series of errors appears, indicating that I get in touch with ORBX through the forum.
At other times I had the possibility of doing a manual download, but when I tried it I got a message saying "No download is currently available for EU Netherlands TrueEarth".
I hope the help to solve this problem.
Thank you.
Antonio de Castro
decastro809@gmail.com
My transaction ID / receipt number is 5ae83c6281761

Hello all,

I have the same problem than ALZ150A. It is impossible to finish the download of EU Netherlands True Earth HD. The downloadprocess each time interrupts after the download of approximately 70 to 80 %. The attached failure message appears.

Actually I should have enough memory capacity on my participation. At the beginning of the download I have more than 125 GB free space. But the download uses up all the memory capacity. Can this be true? The program should only use about 77 GB, as I read.

Thanks in anticipation for any help!

Best regards.

OrbX_EU_NL_Fehlermeldung.PNG.a5ca462d2dad7b24181fcc71a573d747.PNG

Hello Keine, welcome to the forums.

The download is around 77GB, then it will require at least the same amount of GB's to extract to and then it will be installed and once install is complete the folder will be emptied.

A safe guide at all times is 3x the download size. At 125GB there is not enough space to download and extract. 2 x 77 = 154GB

A search on the forums will show very good advice by Nick Cooper, on ways to overcome lack of space on a drive.

Dear friend, I did have the same problem. Two SSD disks with 154 GB each. Try everything; classic installation, installation options, and a long etcetera. Finally I wrote in the support forum and in Spanish and there the invaluable help of Maurizio Giorgi allowed me to find the solution, which was easy. I had two more discs (not SSD) with more 300GB and 200GB.
In installation options, I chose the second one to decompress the disk of more than 300 GB and the problem solved. It works perfectly.
I write my experience for you if I help you to avoid you break your head when the solution can not be easier
A big hug to the whole community

Antonio de Castro

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ALZ,

how did it work?

• First FTX Central,
  • then Download EU Netherlands,
  • then Installation Options with taking the second Option "I already have a backup" and
  • then choose a Location on a disk with more than 300 GB?

Is that correct?

Thanks for a (short) Feedback.

Regards

Juergen

Installation Options.JPG

Hello

First all, I download the file in a specific location, then I use FTX central, install option and I chose the first option (install from my manually..)

No problem. I chose a disk with more 200 GB

Yours sincerely

Antonio de Castro

Thanks a lot Antonio + Bert.

unfortunately I was not lucky with that:

• First I dowloaded all the zip-files in my  alternate drive. Of course with a disk with more than 300 gb...
  • Then I started the Installation* with FTX- Central (from my manually …  )
  • After starting I really expected the installation of the zip-files but FTX- Central reported a download ?!  Anyway- I let it happen.
  • But now after 2 days and nights installing (or downloading) it again had only reached 48 %.

And because my patience had become slow at the end I took the decision to stop the download and with that my remarkable Orbx- Project- Netherlands too.

Thank you very much for your time, help and patience/ muchas gracias.

Sincerely

Juergen

• 4 months later...

Dear friend BigFriesy

In a post (I think it was May) you said you had a problem with the Netherlands download, right?
A few days ago I had to uninstall and reinstall the simulator and my surprise was that, no matter what I did, I was unable to install the Netherlands scenario. So I gave up on it. Today I have come across the surprise that there is an update of FTXcentral. I installed it, then I went to the folder where I had downloaded the scenario and giving installation options (choosing the first one: Install from my manually ...) and, SURPRISE, I'm installing it without problem.
I put it here in case someone who has had difficulties before is still interested

Archived