Please explain User Guide

Terblanche

Could you please explain the following suggestions for SETTINGS in your User Guide:

• Level of detail radius ..... Large >>>>>> which setting is 'LARGE' because I only see high / ultra / max
  • Global texture resolution ..... Max >>>> where do you find this setting? Or do you have Display setting / Texture resolution / 4096x4096 in mind?
  • Autogen density .... Dense >>>>> does this apply for both veg AND buildings?

Any recommendations for drawing distance ...?

Any further explanation of the impact on performance that each of the tick-boxes have in the scenery settings in FTX Central?

Hi,

The Settings in the user guide are a general reference based on the FSX format....so please use your excellent judgement and creativity to tailor to your systems liking. :)

• Level of detail radius ..... Large >>>>>>Take your pick
  • Global texture resolution ..... Max >>>> where do you find this setting? This is an FSX option
  • Autogen density .... Dense >>>>> does this apply for both veg AND buildings? If you like, it can....once again take your pick and feel free to experiment, I believe this is what the hobby is for....everybody's system will respond to different settings.

Cheers

Doug

17 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

The Settings in the user guide are a general reference based on the FSX format....so please use your excellent judgement and creativity to tailor to your systems liking. :)

I think a better answer would be 'Sorry for not updating our manuals with relevant information for P3D'. Specially if the manual comes with an addon that is meant for P3D only... :wacko: And specially now P3D customers outnumber FSX customers (if I recall correctly). What's the use of providing settings at all if you reply questions about them with 'Just pick whatever works for you'...? BTW Large also in an FSX option and FSX only had one slider for autogen. So the answers aren't even correct or applicable.

@Terblanche: here is a partially but at least more appropriate answer (ignore the bit about arrogance and focus on the screenshot ;) ):

Of course these are suggestions and Doug was right that you may have to change things a bit on your computer. ;)

Thanks, IMO they shouldn’t even need to be there because there are so many variables, can you imagine trying to create a fits all version with today’s simulator and hardware combinations. Fortunately most users can see them as a helpful reference.

Cheers

Will get in habit to post the transaction id ... and seeing that I can't edit my initial post, here it is:

Transaction ID: 5ae0725d6282a

39 minutes ago, J van E said:

here is a partially but at least more appropriate answer

Hartstikke dank!

1 hour ago, Terblanche said:

Any further explanation of the impact on performance that each of the tick-boxes have in the scenery settings in FTX Central?

... still would like to see this explained as well ...

On my high end PC, there is just no way that you can tick all the boxes in FTXC and then swing all the sliders to the right and hope to have any decent performance. I've already had a CTD with P3D4 when I was for 90 minute over the Netherlands - and it came without warning, no log or reference, reason or explanation, as if P3D4 just buckled underneath the 82GB of detail.

Archived