'Prepar3D CANNOT run without a valid SCENERY.CFG' warning after installing FTX Netherlands

red_SYSTEMS

After a long attempt to install FTX  Netherlands, its installed.

First time I start my sim and load it up, I got a message what says: 'Unable to open C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery.cfg for reading.'

When the sim was loaded I was looking around at Amsterdam Schiphol airport. I have FlyTampa Amsterdam, but no trace that it was loaded. Then I opened the scenery library, and a lot of scenery add-ons was missing. I closed the sim, and took a look at the Scenery.cfg.

Indeed, a lot of add-ons scenery was just gone. Then I load the sim again and went back to the scenery library. I enabled one of the scenery, and then I got this message:

image.png.13f2a1aef4f6532ebe8f82f39c343da5.png

When I press abort, the sim exits itself. When I start the sim up, same message, same abort button.

I took a look at the Scenery.cfg file, and on except one entry, it was empty. I have some backups of my P3D v4 installation, but not of the affected Scenery.cfg file.

What can I do? Thanks!

Hi,

Can you please attach your scenery.cfg file which is located in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\".  

Also, a lot of scenery installers will make a backup of the scenery.cfg before adding their entry.  If you look in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\", do a search for "scenery" and see if you have any of these backup files.  For example: "scenery_beforeLHSimulationsLHBP_20180210_2009".

If so, find the most recent one, make a copy of the file, then rename the copy "scenery.cfg".

Try starting P3D again.

If it is successful, you can automatically add all your ORBX entries back by simply opening FTX Central V3 and waiting for the "Activating ORBX Scenery...." message on the bottom left of the window.  It should run a few seconds after FTX Central opens, and it just run for 1-5 seconds.

Cheers,

Instead of attaching it I place it just in my post, because its a few lines:

[General]
Title=Prepar3D Scenery
Description=Prepar3D Scenery Areas Data
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]
Title=02
Texture_ID=1
Local=
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

I deployed the most recent backup, and reinstalled all scenery add-ons what I installed later. Looks like FTX Netherlands works fine. Only Schiphol looks strange, but this is I think caused by FlyTampa Amsterdam.

So it sounds like P3D is starting again, that's the main thing.  It's no surprise that scenery.cfg you posted wasn't working, as the default P3D scenery.cfg has about 120+ entries (FSX has 120 entries, and P3D V4 has more).  I am at a loss to explain how that happened, but the main thing is it's working now.

Regarding Schipol, there are a few compatibility issues, but Holger from ORBX is in the process of adjusting a few files, which should improve things.

Keep an eye on the compatibility forum for any updates on that situation:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/80-ftx-compatibility-forum/

Cheers,

Archived