Suggestion for slow Netherland Downloads!

Hello,

I think many German users (including myself) have a problem with the download of the Netherlands:

Unfortunately, German Internet providers disconnect briefly during the night and assign new IP numbers. This causes FTX Central to stop the download.
In addition, the network in Germany is still poorly developed in some cases, with us, for example, ending at 12 Mb/s. In my case I am shown a total time of more than 26 hours! 

It is therefore almost impossible to download the complete package. And not everyone wants or has the knowledge to download the files with a (mostly adware-infested) download manager. 
Why doesn't ORBX split the download into smaller packages of 10GB each that can be downloaded with FTX Central? That would be a clear simplification for many users!

I hope for a quick solution :-)

Always happy landings! 
Tom

Hello,

FTX Central version 3.3.0.2 has an effective download manager built in.

It is capable of resuming the download at any point, so in the event of an

interruption, there should be no loss of data.

If you don't have this version, you can opt in to the fastlane.

https://orbxdirect.com/account/fastlane

For years, I have used the Internet Download Manager which is payware but has

a demo version.

I bought it when my internet connection was a 33 kb dial up and it has served me

very well and continues to do so.

Hi Nick,

thanks, I wrote the comment after trying to download the Netherlands with an old version of FTX Central. In fact I downloaded the ney one before but it seemed not to install itself properly. I thought it was ok but then I found the problem. Now the download has worked fine but I git a message that I have 6 GB to less space on my temp drive.

I cleared some old downloads and now it shoulkd work, but how much space is required by the final installation on the P3D4 drive?

Now FTX Central says "scanning" but I can't see any progress?

Thank for your hints!

Tom 

Archived