Scenery Library order question

Scott Shuford

Nick believes I may have a problem with my scenery library order, could someone who knows about this sort of thing please take a look at the 3 screenshots below and tell me if I need to re-order the scenery library...??  I have FTX global, Vector, and NA, SA, and EUR landclass installed. I used FTX central to install these and I let FTX central install them with the default settings, ie. I didn't change anything with regards to where FTX central wanted to install these. I know little to nothing about properly ordering the P3D scenery library with ORBX products so I would sincerely appreciate any advice on this. 

The first screen shot shows the first 20 entries as all ORBX and then everything from Bathymetery on down is default until the 5 ORBX entries in screenshot #2, after those it's all default until the ORBX Vector entry in screenshot # 3

Screen 1.jpg

Screen 2.jpg

Screen 3.jpg

Hello,

I am grateful for your assumption that I do not know what I am doing.

Nevertheless, I see nothing wrong with your scenery library order but

I do not have an explanation for the problem with your airport.

Perhaps I do not indeed know what I am doing.

Perhaps you might disable all but the default P3D scenery library entries

and see if the airport then displays as it should.

Hey Nick, thanks again as always.

Please believe me when I say I meant no disrespect to you in any way shape or form, I simply assumed it was the wee hours of the morning in the UK when I posted this and you had most likely "called it a day" as we say here in the colonies.

I do most certainly appreciate your prompt replies, and all of your suggestions and insights.

Sometimes I get a little impatient when looking for solutions to my flight sim issues, and I can tend to type things rapidly without considering how they might be perceived by others, so please believe me when I say I was not implying in any way that you "don't know what you are doing" in any sense, and please accept my sincerest apologies if I have offended you in any way, it was certainly NOT my intention.

I rely on people like you to educate me in the subtleties of P3D and ORBX products, which obviously I am a huge fan of, so please don't throw me under the bus just yet because of my impatience.

Best regards,

Scott

It's the only airport I have found any issue with, and like you, I can't put my finger on what's causing it, but the bottom line is I don't fly that airport much anyway so I consider it a very minor inconvenience at worst.

Everything else in P3D v4.2 with the ORBX sceneries looks beautiful to these old eyes...:D And thanks for letting me know my scenery library is ordered correctly, it's much appreciated.

If I should happen upon another airport with trees or buildings popping up in places they shouldn't be, should I post my inquiry here or in the other (non support) P3D forum..??

Thanks again Nick, I do appreciate your help, and once again my apologies if I came across as an arse with my impatience looking for a solution.

Cheers,

Scott

The only little thing that puzzles me on your screenshots is: why is the tickbox for 0005 Base greyed out while all other base entries are not? I am not 100% sure but I guess this is not like that in my case. Did you ever modify your scenery.cfg with an unadequate editor that corrupted the coding?

Another guess: why don't you once use the option "force migration" and see if this helps. Maybe something else is corrupted here... Did you re-install P3D lately? Did you update from 4.1 or 4.0 recently?

I have no idea why 0005 base, default scenery, and default terrain are greyed out like that, but I can only assume it means they cannot be de-activated.

The only thing that has ever modified the scenery.cfg file is the ORBX scenery installations. I'm using P3D v4.2, and it has been installed once only, and yes, I did the force migration and all my libraries are up to date as well.

Nick indicated that he saw no issues with the scenery library screen shots above, but perhaps he would care to comment on your question about the greyed out boxes.

Hello,

you are quite right, the greyed out areas are required, nothing more.

Note.

Not relevant here but worth mentioning.

If scenery library entries are added by the P3D xml method, these are also

greyed out in the scenery library view and should be managed in the in game add-ons menu.

BTW: what is listed between library entry 21 and 51? This is not visible on your screenshots. Also 69-140 is missing... Would be a pity if the error is hidden there and we simply do not see it on the screenshots...

As I mentioned previously, all the entries below those that I described in detail with the screenshots, are all default entries, and none of them are "greyed out" or missing from the scenery library.

I did not take screenshots of those entries because, as I said, they're all default entries and have not been changed in any way from the original first time installation.

I don't know what else I can tell you.

Archived