FTX Central not reading Scenery.CFG

bribeth

Good afternoon,

I just installed a new hard drive. With that, I uninstalled all of the P3D stuff and put it on the new drive. After all this, it appears that FTX Central is not correctly reading my scenery.cfg file as the library insertion points are all wrong. Should I uninstall and reinstall FTX Central for this to work?

Hello, download the FSX TweakFS Registry Utility V1.21 from flyawaysimulation or FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool from Flight1 Store and clean your old installation entries from registry and set the path for new location. Or you can manually delete old registry entries  from windows but you must use one of this two tweak programs to set new path in registry. After that delete manually folder from this locations: 

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Orbx
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx

Then install FTX Central again. I hope this helps.

1 minute ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

No, he will just need to reinstall the P3D client only.  :)

Cheers

Doug

I was in the similar problem I uninstalled my FSX SE from old hard drive and moved to my SSD and reinstall didn't help (verifying steam files) so I was forced to complete uninstall FSX SE from steam deleting entries from windows registry and install again. :)

Cheers 

Almedin

I got it figured out as I was a big dummy. I was having some odd errors and I deleted my scenery.cfg files to hopefully rebuild it. All my sceneries that were not installed via addon.xml (most FlyTampa and Aerosoft) just never rebuilt. I was able to reinstall those sceneries and it fixed it. I was a dummy.

Archived