NCA unable to select items in control panel

medx421

I am unable to select the unchecked items in the control panel.  I check them and close the control panel, however when I reopen the control panel, they are again unchecked.  Only region I am having this issue with.  Sim is P3D v4.1.  Any thoughts appreciated.

nca.jpg

Hi,

You may have somehow ended up with two versions of some files, with one ending in .bgl and one ending in .off.  To repair, just do a search of your NCA scenery folder for any files with the .off extension.

Search ".......Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery" for .OFF.  If there are any files with this extension, first check there is a file with the same name but with a .bgl extension.  If there are two versions of these files, just delete the files that end with .OFF.

The files you could be seeing doubles of are named:

"FTX_NCA_objects_SRA_marinas_ships_docks_PLC.BGL.OFF"

"FTX_NCA_objects_CA_Oakland.BGL.OFF"

"FTX_NCA_objects_marine_lights_fx_PLC.BGL.OFF"

"FTX_NCA_objects_marine_lights_PLC.BGL.OFF"

Just ensure you have two versions of these files before deleting the ones with the .OFF extension.

Cheers,

I didn't have double files, but did have the above files listed with the .off extension with the exception of the FTX_NCA_objects_Oakland which strangely had an .oak extension.  In any event, renaming these back to .bgl extensions allowed the objects to be visible in the simulation.  It also showed these selected as active in FTX Central.  So, quirky, but it worked.  Thank you for your time, and providing the necessary filenames.

Archived