Hi Guys,

Just been doing a Dover flypast in a Spitfire and noticed the cross channel Ferries in the Dover harbour are standard river type roll-on-roll off ferries that you use globally. Nothing like the Cross Channel Boat type. The Liner in the harbour if reduced in size would look more realistic. Using UK sceanery and being an iconic part of the UK a change would seem justified.

Any chance of an update?

Roger B

Hello Roger,

I'm reasonably certain you are referring to default ship and ferry traffic  following routes as shown in the clip below. This AI traffic system is part of the sim and not  something Orbx supplies or uses as you say**. I think that in the near term, the chance that LM will update the world wide ferry traffic in P3D is not very high. You can however disable the inappropriate ferry traffic by setting your ships and ferries slider low enough. Each route has a percentage below which the route will not be active.

Cheers,

** To be accurate I should say that FTX KFHR has an option to use a slightly modified trafficboats.bgl where the only change was to reposition the stopping point of the default ferry at Friday Harbor.  That does not apply to the issue at hand however.

Capture2.thumb.JPG.4cd0711e517051b272e83d9a8bcc20bc.JPG

Hi Roger,

you may not be aware that there is a brilliant freeware AI shipping package available that covers much of the globe, including the Channel. I just randomly jumped to a location near Dover and came across the Stena ferry in the screenshot, with an oil tanker in the background. Traffic Explorer listed 49 active AI vessels in the vicinity!

Henrik's file sets are available at Avsim and elsewhere. Search for "Henrik Nielsen"; the current full packages are named "Global AI Ship Traffic V1" and "200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2", respectively.

Cheers, Holger

Henrik Nielsen AI - Stena ferry near Dover.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived