Can we ever hope for Orbx LC Asia and Africa?

bmaik

Since I've heard that Orbx currently concentrates on photoreal sceneries like "The Netherlands" which obviously will be released soon, I wonder whether they have forgotten whether they initially wanted to cover the whole world with landclass. Orbx LC Europe has been released first, a few years later Orbx LC North and South America followed. And now? Can anybody confirm that they continue working on landclass products for the other continents still lacking reasonable landclass data  or will they devote all manpower to the photoreal scenery thing (which I find great, please  don't get me wrong!) in the near future which will lead to releasing (and reselling) European and American countries one by one for the next few years and leaving the other continents landclass deserted? Does anybody know more? I've been waiting desperately for Orbx LC Asia for years but it simply never came out and the longer I wait for it the more I doubt that it will ever be released.

On 3/8/2018 at 4:48 AM, John Venema said:

OpenLC Africa is being worked on and due this year.

Found the statement above and I believe that, likewise, AsiaLC is still very much in the pipeline.  There have been a ton of new threads out there covering the breadth of Orbx expansion so I understand the concern.  I couldn’t find it but I do recall pieces of info in multiple posts indicating that completing the LC project is still on track.

Archived