PAVD Elevation levels. Wall/Bank blocking runway etc.

Jim boswell

PAVD airport is below surrounding land surface and has large wall or bank on runway and beyond it has what looks like free standing pillars.   FTX,  windows 10.  I use 3 monitors, it seemed OK on one flight in winter then problem on summer but seems problem all the time, settings as recommended.  I have global base & vector but not FTX Southern Alaska. Bought 19/03/18  5aafd5b2b99ba   See picture. as if zURkzIC.png?1 Look forward to your help

Jim

Thank you Doc, But that would make it essential not just advatageous to have Southern Alaska.  Landing means you crash through the wall which makes it unflyable!   If that addition was esential it would make this small airport very expensive when it is already a lot to have to pay for such a small area.

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

It does not say advantageous on the product page.

It does say:

You require at least one of the following products to use PAVD Valdez Pioneer Field.

NA Southern Alaska

Some airports do work without the regions but do not blend in well.

Some do not work as intended.

Most of the airport products are within Orbx regions and specially designed to fit perfectly into them,

as the regions are also designed to perfectly accommodate the addon airports.

Thank you Nick for the quick response.  I chose Valdez on the report from PC Pilot that did not say you need to buy two packages and I did not spot the words "You require" on downloading it did mention some things would be missing but I thought they were minor things but in reality I considered it was unflyable as it was. I have since begrudingly purchased the Southern Alaska and that has solved the problem.

Thanks for your help

Archived