Going to upgrade to P3Dv4

kessler

Hiya All,

I have FSX at the min and I also have 6 Orbx products - England, Ireland, N. Ireland, Scotland, Germany North and South.  I have just built a new rig but still need to install the OS which will be Win 10 64 bit.  I am going to buy P3Dv4 for this.  First question is, once I install FTX Central 3, will I need to re download my products to install them into the new platform?

Second question is, I want to take advantage of the current sale and buy FTX Global Base Pack, FTX Vector and FTX Global Open LC Europe.  I am unsure how to proceed - I was thinking of buying those products but not downloading or installing them until I have my new rig up and running? Could I do this?  Or, can I download them for FSX then later install them also onto the new PC?

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

Rory

Hi Rory,

When you install FTXCentral, you have to define your account access, and then FTXC will show you which products are available (greyed out) or which one you own, but not have installed.

Commonly it is NOT recommeded to install FsX scenery (or even P3D v2 or v3) scenery to P3Dv4 - unless you want to go for troubles.

2nd question: Yes, you may buy now (simply the product is added to your account) and donwload later (FTXC will tell you which ones you may download).

Michael.

Thank you Mike.  So does that mean that either I have to re download the products I already have for FSX so that they can go into P3Dv4 or will I have to re purchase them? Or is there an upgrade fee for those who already have orbx products for FSX and who want to switch to P3Dv4?  Your answer to my 2nd question is crystal clear!

Many thanks,

Rory

Hello Rory,

If the new rig will solely have P3Dv4 on it you will need to do a fresh download and install of your Orbx software, if FSX was on there FTXCentral would use most of those files and only download what was necessary.

There will not be any further payments for the Orbx software you own now, and as Michael said, if you purchase now, you will own them now and can download when it suits.

Archived