FTX Australia Brown Textures

ArzaanK

I am having problems with FTX Australia which I just purchased. From satellite photos, as well as streams I have seen, the area in south Australia is very green. However, it seems that a lot of my green textures have been replaced by brown ones. Here is an overhead screenshot from Melbourne. 

2018-3-9_12-6-1-748.thumb.jpg.68657dd0a66f158de9d5eae5718354f2.jpg

Looking in Google Earth, the real area around YMML does not look like this. Capture.thumb.PNG.0023d2c51fcbeeaec82e05c3a2d8a21b.PNG

Also, from a few videos/streams I've seen, others have the green textures while I do not. Here is what I have tried to resolve the issue. I also have this issue in the entire "BLUE" area of Australia (that is the only area I've seen). 

1. Reinstall of FTX Australia

2. Reinstall ORBX Base 

3. Delete scenery.cfg and let P3D recreate. Then, open FTX Central and let it add in my scenery

4. Force migration of unified lockup. 

However, the issue still persists. What can I do to fix it? 

FTX AU Transaction ID: 5a9ed1a4b0db8

6 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please try it again in Winter.

Google Earth doesn't have seasons.

Thanks.

Will do. I have my scenery set to default to the current date. Is the area supposed to be more green in Winter (June, July, August)? 

Here is a screenshot from Winter. Looks much better. I'm scratching my head to wonder why the textures are greener during the winter and not the summer. Seems to defy logic a bit. 

2018-3-9_13-1-39-479.thumb.jpg.ad09171eee194d70c086d500b30786fb.jpg

However, with that said, I used to have an issue where my textures were super brown in the Winter in North America and Winter and normal in the summer. I had to reinstall Base to fix the issue (I updated the scenery when I moved from P3Dv4 to 4.1). 

Could anyone with FTX AU load up at or near Melbourne on todays date and show me an aerial shot just to confirm that my scenery looks right? 

Thanks

How about it doesn't rain in summer and everything dries up and goes brown

before the winter rain returns to make it all green again?

Mine looks just the same as yours.

Even Bing maps shows you that it is not always the same.

image.jpg

Zoom in a bit and...

image.jpg

of course, Bing satellite imagery might be wrong as well.

Archived