Hi :)

I'm having trouble with airport KRST having too high an elevation.  I have FS Global Ultimate NG FTX, the whole Orbx FTX stack, and no other scenery on Prepar3D v4.2.

I looked at that diagram where it shows the order things should be, and it says Vector should all be below FS Global?  I did that, but when I ran Vector's config for adjusting airports, it moved Vector back above FS Global, except for ORBX!VECTOR_AEC, that stayed way down just above Default Scenery.

If I just turn off the FS Global Ultimate ones, then at least KRST fits the surrounding terrain again, but then i dont have nice terrain anymore. :'(

I don't know anything about adjusting airports, and what I googled I don't really understand...

Does KRST need a Vector adjustment file?

Thanks for any help you can give!

scenery.cfg

P3D Scenery.PNG

2018-2-20_7-47-30-752.jpg

2018-2-20_7-13-22-404.jpg

Hello Buffy,

Vector has no effect on this airport, it is not in the Vector database.

There is no FTX version of KRST and no other FTX product causing this problem.

What you are seeing is the unfortunate result of adding a higher resolution mesh.

The problem is caused by all the simulator airports being flat, but of course the real world versions

are not. It is a failing that has always existed in FSX and its predecessors and is unchanged in P3D.

Adding a bespoke mesh accentuates the problem by better representing the surrounding terrain,

so that cliffs then appear around the airport boundary where the flat airport meets the contoured terrain

and the elevations do not coincide.

The developers of the mesh have their own solution which they call Aerodrome Flattening Meshes, of which

you will have version two, included with your mesh product.

It seems to work by distorting the surrounding terrain to fit the airport and will remove the cliffs

seen in your screen shot.

I would suggest that you read the user guide that came with your mesh product on how to use the AFM tool

and all should be made well again.

Archived