Aerofly FS2 Steam version with ORBX addons

Hello,

I have Aerofly FS2 Steam version and I recently purchased KMRY Monterey Regional Airport from ORBX

for FS2.   FTX Central shows only my FSX and P3DV4 sims so I don't know how to install the

ORBX KMRY addon I purchased into FS2.

From what I have read recently on the forum it seems my Steam version of FS2 may not show in FTX Central

as it was not an ORBX direct purchase, so how do I install ORBX addons into my Steam version?

I already  have other (not ORBX  addons) purchased for my Steam FS2 and I am concerned that if FTX Central does not support the Steam

version I may have to re-purchase all my FS2 software again in the non-Steam version so I can use KMRY and future ORBX software. 

Please help, any advice or suggestions will be much appreciated, Thank you,

Paul Howard

On 2/20/2018 at 10:11 AM, Raspou said:

i have also AFS2 steam version and had one time this problem. Have you try this? Oddly don't have the aerosoft version but this solution works for me too.

Hi Raspou,Thanks very much for the suggestion. Unfortunately adding the DVD file in the link didn't work and FTX Central still does not show AFS2 as an option. Much appreciate the offer of help anyway. I do also have afs2.c3json in the folder but that doesn't solve the problem either..I do have steam through an external drive but that should be just the same as an internal drive when it's switched on I assume? Thanks again, Paul

On 2/20/2018 at 8:58 PM, gmazzei said:

Hi

for the steam version of AFS2 You may need a file named afs2.c3json in the

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx\Simulators folder

mine is attached

Regards

afs2.c3json

Hi gmazzei,

Many thanks for the offer of help and suggestion. I checked the path and already have the afs2.c3json file in my Simulators folder. Updated it to your

file but still no AFS2 available in FTX central. Thanks very much for the idea though. I wonder if my path is not recognized...I do have steam through an external drive but that should be just the same as an internal drive when it's switched on I assume? Thanks again, Paul

Thank you Raspou and gmazzei, I hope my replies to you came through as I am not sure if I should use the "Quote" box or "submit reply" in this box.

Apologies as I haven't used the forum for a long time and just re-learning how to use it to reply to individual posts.

Thanks again for trying to help , any other ideas much appreciated, Kind regards, Paul

Hello Nick. Thanks for reply. If I understand you correctly, yes I have run Aerofly FS2 many times since I bought the beta Steam version

back in January. The KMRY Monterey Regional Airport is obviously still the default Aerofly FS2 version when I fly the sim.

My receipt for KMRY from ORBX Simulations says the product has been added to my account.

I'm still not sure how to add the airport to my FS2 sim as FS2 does not appear as an option in my FTX Central.

(Only FSX and P3DV4) show in FTX Central.

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Paul

Hello Norman,

Thanks.

To Paul,

FTX Central is looking for what is recorded in your windows registry for Aerofly.

"RegistryKey": "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\IPACS\\Aerofly FS 2",
"RegistryValue": "installpath",

You must have this registry entry.

The installpath must point to where you have installed Aerofly.

Here is mine which is typical.

G:\Aerofly FS2\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator

It could be that your external drive is not assigned the same drive letter each time you plug it in or turn it on.

The folder where you have installed Aerofly must contain bin64\\aerofly_fs_2.exe

Unless all three of these conditions are filled, FTX Central will not see Aerofly.

Dear Nick and Norman,

Thank you both for your help, yes I have run FS2 many times since I installed FTX Central.

My install path for Aerofly is apparently:

G:\Steam\steamapps\common\AeroflyFS2FlightSimulator\bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe

The G drive is internal and always assigned the same drive letter.I do have an external M drive but this doesn't

have any FS2 data from what I can see.

(It does have a previous Steam folder in a Program files (x86) Folder

but this only has three older Steam games..F1 2013, IL2 Cliffs of Dover and Railworks,so hope this not relevant.)

Apologies for my lack of computer skill, but I'm not sure how and where to check if I have:

"RegistryKey": "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\IPACS\\Aerofly FS 2",
"RegistryValue": "installpath".             ( I assume: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\AeroflyFS2FlightSimulator\bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe)

I'm not sure where I should find this Registry info:  ( I did a file search but found only HKEY_ LOCAL  etc. etc. for P3DV4)?

Perhaps you would kindly give me slightly more "idiots guide" advice please, as to how I 

should sort out the registry. 

It seems I do have the other two conditions in place so if I

can get the appropriate Windows registry for Aerofly, maybe FTX Central will show FS2?

Many thanks ,

Kind regards,

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Nick,

Many thanks indeed for your reply...apologies for the delay in getting back to you as I've

been away on holiday.

Your instructions were great and I have found the path using regedit.exe as you explained:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\IPACS  

My install path is slightly different from the typical one you kindly enclosed but I have checked the path to

the ExePath and InstallPath on my G drive and it is apparently correct ( the install path

does not include the last part :     \bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe ) The .exe path is:

G:\Steam\steamapps\common\AeroflyFS2FlightSimulator\bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe

I attach a screen shot of my Registry editor showing the details and maybe you can spot something that is preventing

FS2 being recognised by FTX central 3. Hope it is legible.

Thank you so much for your help,

Kind regards

Paul

AeroflyFS2 registry.jpg

Archived