How do i get my ORBX Lancair in P3D V4..?

VAL067

Hi guys,

If someone could point me in the right direction i am trying to find a way to get my ORBX Lancair installed into P3D V4 . In FTX Central it says i own all the aircraft but gives me no way of getting them.]

Cheers

Hello,

at present, there is no P3D v4 installer for the three aircraft.

The P3D v4 FTX Central aircraft section has only just been reactivated, to accommodate BOB,

having previously been disabled.

Releasing the aircraft for P3D v4 may or may not be possible and if it is, it

may not be possible for all three.

The matter has been in hand behind the scenes for some time, please be patient.

Thanks.

Thanks Nick,

Well good news in a way i thought i had a dodgy FTX Central but bad otherwise not good, just done a google search on the subject and its not a pretty. Shame that us consumers are the ones that get shafted. I can clearly see this is not ORBX intention as its one of a very select few that i trust in the Flightsim Dev community Hopefully all parties involved can resolve this situation, considering that we actually legally own a copy i should still have access to it whether it is P3D V4 compatible or not . Cheers again Nick for your prompt response.

Hello,

I regret that you have developed such a negative opinion of flight simulator developers.

None of the Orbx aircraft developers are still with Orbx and as you may have seen, making an

aircraft written for a 32 bit simulator work in a 64 bit simulator is something of a lottery.

Sometimes, the aircraft just work, often they do not and it all depends on the method

used by the developer.

Two of the three can be made P3D v4 compatible without extensive redevelopment and as

I have already stated, work is in progress towards their release.

Although there are already workarounds, we cannot publish them as a finished product.

2 hours ago, VAL067 said:

Shame that us consumers are the ones that get shafted.

No developer "owes" the consumer anything when it comes to making products compatible with future releases and changes. And, for developers to continue to make a product available when it's no longer compatible would be insanity. Since you must also own either FSX or P3Dv3 (else you wouldn't have the Lancair) why not just reinstall a default version of either of those and the Lancair becomes instantly available again..........Doug

4 hours ago, VAL067 said:

Thanks Nick,

Well good news in a way i thought i had a dodgy FTX Central but bad otherwise not good, just done a google search on the subject and its not a pretty. Shame that us consumers are the ones that get shafted. I can clearly see this is not ORBX intention as its one of a very select few that i trust in the Flightsim Dev community Hopefully all parties involved can resolve this situation, considering that we actually legally own a copy i should still have access to it whether it is P3D V4 compatible or not . Cheers again Nick for your prompt response.

It can be manually downloaded from your OrbxDirect account, then installed into another sim, or installed into another sim via FTX Central. 

Archived