Crashes at KTVL

Peter2412

Hi everyone! 

I purchased Lake Tahoe over a month ago and started to use it only the last days due to my workload. And here is what happened: everytime I taxi around my aircraft crashes at some point on the taxiway or during the take-off run while still on the runway.

Is this a known problem?

Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Peter2412 said:

Thanks John!

Will do that. But isn't there any long-term solution? Because on every other airport from ORBX aren't such problems, except KCMW, where it got fixed with an update.

Cheers

Peter 

More info in this thread :

Cheers

John

• 10 months later...

Again, apologize for posting - closed subject.

However, as a loyal (and paid) subscriber to your airport enhancements - it has been long enough to "fix" the taxiway "crash" symptom at KTVL.

Understand "crash-off" option.

I'd suggest if you are selling a product that has a inherent flaw - it's better that the developer fix the issue, vs. requesting users to change sensitivity settings - after we purchase your product. Sorry - ball is in your court - not "ours" to turn off setting sensitivities.

Thanks for accepting feedback.

Loyal subscriber & customer.

Hi guys,

The fact about crash detection is that it's buggy pretty much everywhere. In fact, most Orbx airports are built with all crash boxes disabled, so even if you do 'crash' into a building, the detection will not work even if the setting on. The crash boxes almost never line up properly with the models, and so having the setting on just causes more problems than its worth.

I will add looking at what causes the crashes at KTVL and fixing it for an update, but it likely won't be for at least another couple of months since I have other more critical updates and work lined up to do. Apologies for the inconvenience, at the moment the best thing to do is still to disable crashes.

Cheers

Archived