My PC keeps beeping when I play FSX

Edward Boyte

Hey,

I have a problem with my computer. When I play FSX my computer starts making random beeping sounds. It kind of sounds like beeep, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, beep etc.

The beeping sounds ONLY happen when I play FSX.

The beeping sound only started when I was flying in the Mirage2000-5 Rollus.

I dont know what's happening and really need so help please.

Thanks,

Eddy

Is this beeping sound coming from the motherboard speaker (if your MB even has one) or through your external PC speakers?

Also, you stated the problem started with the Mirage2000-5 Rollus. Does the beeping now occur with other aircraft since the start, or is it contained to the Mirage aircraft?

Lastly, have you tried un-installing the Mirage aircraft from your system to see if the beeping problem is not present anymore? If so, then obviously the the Mirage has some sound files associated with it that you system does not agree with (at least in it's current configuration)>

1. I have no idea...

2. It does happen with other aircraft with scenery settings Extremly Dense and Autogen set to very dense using PMDG747X, JS41, Overland A380. It doesn't beep when I use the default airplanes.

3. No, I havn't uninstalled the Mirage. But I'll uninstall it today and see if that helps.

Well... there was heaps of dust inside my pc including on the fans etc... but all gone!

I'll do a few test today and see if any more beeping sounds appear. If they do appear I'll post here later tonight. If not then the problem is solved and I'll let you guys know.

1. I have no idea...

Er, turn your speakers off/down and see if it still happens?

And does it sound like any of these, which are from your manual:

"Q: What do the beeps emitted during the POST mean?

A: The following Award BIOS beep code descriptions may help you identify possible computer problems.

(For reference only.)

1 short: System boots successfully

2 short: CMOS setting error

1 long, 1 short: Memory or motherboard error

1 long, 2 short: Monitor or graphics card error

1 long, 3 short: Keyboard error

1 long, 9 short: BIOS ROM error

Continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly

Continuous short beeps: Power error"

Not sure of these alarms apply outside of a power-on, but that's the only kind of beeping I know.

Archived