FTX Central Airport elevations not work

jussi57

Airport Elevation Corrections does not work in Prepar3 D V 4.  It run and run andrun...and stop never..So can You help me ..And sorry my english
My system is Win 10 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Intel Core i 3570K cpu@3.40Ghz.
My Computer is in other hard disk FSX-SE, and the elevation corrections works perfect.
Please would You help me

Kindly Jussi

• 2 months later...

You are talking about an internal HDD, or USB HDD?

Problem with a specific airport, or tool not working at all?

ORBX installing itself inside simulator's root folder (check for the ..\ORBX\ORBX_VECTOR folder), there should not be any issue once you have run tool's auto-configuration, which scans your system.

Up to now, I understood that the AEC tool was mostly dealing with issues when FS Global mesh (special ORBX release in first row) is installed, thus not all the airports of the planet included.

Or the tool has a problem to locate your installed scenery?

I assume that a few more information would help the "gurus" to suggest corrective measures for your problem.

I am using here Toposim mesh for whole planet, and have no particular problem at all with AEC tool.

Blue skies

Hello,

your problem, I think is that you have installed P3D to the disk root, without its own root folder,

D:\ instead of D:\P3Dv4

This has been reported several times and it does produce the effect that you are seeing on the

Vector auto configuration.

Whether you fix it is up to you, it would be a very large amount of work for a very small reward.

The one by one manual AEC enable/disable works as usual.

On 11.4.2018 at 11:33 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

your problem, I think is that you have installed P3D to the disk root, without its own root folder,

D:\ instead of D:\P3Dv4

This has been reported several times and it does produce the effect that you are seeing on the

Vector auto configuration.

Whether you fix it is up to you, it would be a very large amount of work for a very small reward.

The one by one manual AEC enable/disable works as usual.

Hello again...

The Bath to prepar  is... D\Simulator\Prepar3D4

kindly Jussi

HI Jussi,

So to confirm simulator locations:

FSX-SE = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

P3DV4.2 = D:\Simulator\P3DV4

And when you launch FTX Central you are choosing P3DV4?

In D:\Simulator\P3DV4 do you have a folder ORBX? What size is this folder?

One other question - you have not used a Symbolic Link to point towards your FSX-SE Orbx folder have you?

Cheers

Harry

Hi Harry

Simulators locations is just so, Yes I am choosing P3Dv4 and the Orbx folder is 116 GT.

P3Dv4 is in own 223 GT ssd- disk . Free space left 44,9 GT . Whole simulatorfile is 169 GT

I have not used any Symbolic link to point FSX-SE Orbx folder.

kindly Jussi...sorry my english

I presume you must have scenery other than ORBX installed. The only thing I can think of is to uninstall all scenery except for ORBX (maybe even just disabling it in the Scenery Library will work??) and then run AEC with just ORBX scenery.

If AEC runs successfully then add back each scenery one by one until the problem occurs again

If AEC does NOT run successfully (and I would be surprised if it didn't) you will need to create a new post in the Full Terrain Experience (FTX) Payware Support Forum and reference this post.

Sorry I can't help much more than that but I am only a customer like you NOT technical support

Archived