YBUD Bundaberg - Misplaced Object

hjmx

I am using P3Dv4.1. The windsock does not look like a FTX object, but I have only FTX Australia and many FTX AU airports as well as FlyTampas YSSY. That's all  I have installed for this region. For sure, I have many other add-ons for the rest of the world. Where should I begin?

I've done as you suggested and deactivated all scenery-addons in scenery.cfg as well as I deactivated those scenery tiles which were installed with add-on.xml method. Unfortunately, this ugly wind-sock is still there. What now?

19 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Can you check the order of your scenery library?

Ideally you might attach a copy to your next post.

Here it is. Complete scnery.cfg. But not forget, I have already tested with all non-FTX titles being deactivated. Maybe you can read something out of it.

Scenery.zip

Hello,

thanks for that.

Since my last post, I have removed YBUD and installed it again and still I have no default windsock

in the middle of that taxiway.

I attach a scenery.cfg file and I would ask you to temporarily rename yours to scenery.cfg.OFF and put

this one in its place.

Then revisit YBUD and see if the windsock has gone.

If I was asked to guess, my main suspect would be My Traffic, which I believe adds afcads to airports to

support the traffic that it generates.

Scenery.cfg

Hello Holger,

I tried your scenery.cfg. No success. IMO this means that one of the P3D default scenery.bgl files, probably a modified one, is the bad boy. I have two add-ons which overwrite default files. The one is GEP3D, which should only overwrite textures (like FTX Global) the other is fsaerodata which modifies default airport.bgl files. I suspect the latter.

According to Mytraffic, I use only their traffic.bgl since very long time with no MT afcad files on my system.

Unfortunately, this was not the culprit. I also had an undamaged apx88400.bgl which I tried. No success.

Please don't yet mark it as answered. I know, it is to 99.9% not an ORBX problem, but perhaps somebody else has an idea.

Last thing I am thinking about. Could it be a false library object. And how could I find it.

Holy Macaroni, this is a real tough problem!:wacko:

I have marked it as active again but as I am not able to reproduce it in two separate installations,

I am forced to doubt that the problem lies with the FTX software.

Without a doubt, that is a default P3D windsock.

If you think the Orbx libraries are at fault, try unticking that entry in your scenery library.

I would also suggest that you continue to use the scenery.cfg file that I sent you.

On 2/7/2018 at 8:02 PM, Nick Cooper said:

I have marked it as active again but as I am not able to reproduce it in two separate installations,

I am forced to doubt that the problem lies with the FTX software.

Without a doubt, that is a default P3D windsock.

If you think the Orbx libraries are at fault, try unticking that entry in your scenery library.

I would also suggest that you continue to use the scenery.cfg file that I sent you.

Nick,

I have replaced the complete P3D main scenery folder with the default one (from my Acronis Backup). With your scenery.cfg in use, at this point only P3D default scenery and ORBX AU/YBUD scenery were active. But, the Problem was still there.

I got another YBUD exclude which solved the the problem. You can find a short discussion at avsim https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/530825-p3d-guru-needed/

This means, that the ORBX exclude for YBUD did not work correctly in my install for unknown reason. Things got much more difficult because an uninstall-reinstall of YBUD via FTX Central seems not to work correctly either.

To be sure, could we perhaps compare the excludes which are responsible for removing default YBUD object (windsock)?

Cheers, Harry

Hello Harry,

I see that a fellow Avsim forum member has kindly provided you with a bespoke exclude file.

I notice in the same topic that there is no resolution of the problem, only the generous fix.

I does appear to me that it is so far unique to your installation and that the solution that you have

been given is unique to your problem.

If you are still concerned, I think you will need to completely remove YBUD from P3D v4 and download

it again from Orbx Direct. It remains clear to me that there is no fault in the Orbx Direct files that 

causes this anomaly and logically, if you obtain the same files, you will not have it either, even without

your bespoke exclude.

It is just possible that the version of YBUD that you have backed up has a problem. 

Archived