AlacrityPC tool

charlesko

I don't believe in them and never have !!  If the PC is well tuned I don't believe that things like Alacrity do a damn thing.

I have not tried nor used due to the fact that this system is far from a srandard install and this is usually what these types of programs bank on.

No I simply don't run shit like Cinema DVD Viewing software or Tool Bar helpers, Auto Updater's, etc and a whole host of other things totally un-necessary for regular PC running and usage. As I stated in my initial reply properly tuned PC

I have found that the myth of background programs affecting FSX is just that, a myth.  Sure, if you close resident CPU-chewing stuff, it can help, but all the running processes in a normal setup won't affect the fps in FSX.  To check, shut all programs that you would normally shut for an FSX session, such as Outlook, browser, etc, do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and select the processes tab.  The CPU column will tell you how much of your CPU resources each running process is using.  At the moment even with Outlook and Firefox and TrackIR running, I have 98-99% of my CPU available.  If I'm relying on 24 fps in FSX to look smooth, and I lose 1-2% of that through CPU usage by these other processes, it would follow that I should still get 23.5 fps or better.  No matter how good I think I am, I will never see such a small difference.

Archived