ENNK Disappeared

Oh GREAT!!! Two hours flight from EGTE/ENNK and when I arrived there were a lonely chimney and a few boats in the harbour and nada, ziltch, zero, nothing of the rest of the scenery. Went to FTX Central and the airport is there and you can open Control Panel; in explorer the scenery is there with ALL  the files in the respective folders; in SceneryConfigEditor the folders are loaded and active but the whole ENNK has disappeared!

Kappppaaauw!!

[P3D4; FTX Norway; FTX Vector; ORBX ENNK]

Any reason, explanation, tweak, trick, fix ...??

ENNK.jpg

Huh?? I've loaded P3D4 and went to ENNK and everything was perfect and as it should be ....? Nothing changed on my rig except that I've checked if everything is installed and active.

Why will it disable ObjectFlow while in flight or for any other reason, and how do I prevent this so that there is no nasty surprise when I arrive again after a long flight?

No, whatever is set at the beginning of a session should still be there at the end.

Having said that, my experience of P3D v4 so far is that on occasion it can behave

in an unexpected way.

Much like all the simulators that have gone before it, we delight in adding components

that were never envisaged when the original development was done.

For this reason, when my copy occasionally just disappears from the screen, as it will do,

with no warning nor error message, I just assume that one of its limits has been exceeded,

reload it and set off again.

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

For this reason, when my copy occasionally just disappears from the screen, as it will do,

with no warning nor error message, I just assume that one of its limits has been exceeded,

reload it and set off again.

Sjoewheee ... will be kind if difficult to "reload and set off again" seeing that you're already there and it seems that a reload works but with no control when and if it will happen again.

I believe there is a fixed amount of how many ADDONs you could have in P3D4 - don't know if it is true, but if there is then I'm already way over the limit thanks to sooooo many scenery and plugin devs that uses the addon technique. It still baffles the brain why P3D4 went this addon way if there is a ceiling to how many you could load. Anyway,  that's the way it is.

Thanks again Nick. You are always quick to respond and really helpful. Thank you.

Nick,

Here is an interesting observation:

1. The fact that ENNK didn't show was because ObjectFlow for some or other reason was disabled
  2. When I loaded P3D4 at ENNK everything was back to normal which means that ObjectFlow was also active
  3. And now the dreadful PAUSES in P3D4 are back
  4. When you disable ObjectFlow in the Addon drop down menu the pauses disappear
  5. Which means: ObjectFlow is a contributor to the pauses

Maybe someone else could verify this too?

This was from ENNK to ENHF to ENTC to ENVA to ENBR with FTX Norway and Vector and tested a few times with ObjectFlow activated and deactivated along the way.

On 03/02/2018 at 9:15 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Much like all the simulators that have gone before it, we delight in adding components

that were never envisaged when the original development was done.

Nick, any feedback on my above-mentioned observation ...?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/02/2018 at 7:32 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Were you involved in the orbjectflow beta tesing?

Only via Fastlane ... 

In the meantime I've tested my theory over England and PNW as well, and objectflow definitely adds to the pauses/stutters. If it is extensively debated, will ORBX fix it or take it up with LM to do something about it?

I too had the OF2 pauses and stutters, that disappeared when I turned OF2 off.  But then I read about running a forced migration in relation to

something else. When I ran the Migration Troubleshooter app (located in P3Dv4->Orbx->Troubleshooter), I had a bunch of missing and invalid files.

Running the Forced Migration tool (located in FTX Central->Settings->Tools) replaced or fixed the files, and no more OF2-on stutters and pauses.

I don't know if that may help your OF2-on stutters and pauses, but it's easy to try, and even if it doesn't fix, there's no negative after effects .

Hope that helps  - Bob

Archived