AYEO river and waterfall [Vector issue: doubled up river and stream]

Matt McGee

I have a river conflict west of AYEO Emo Mission.

Departing Kokoda, I follow the river northwest and then take the right branch to the east up the valley to AYEO. 

I seem to have two different rivers being drawn.  I assume the wide one is a default or Vector river and the photoreal one is part of AYEO or AYPY's scenery?

Very close to AYEO I only see the thin, photoreal river.

P3Dv4, Global Base + Vector, Holger PNG mesh (also FreeMeshX), and AYEO installed.  (I also have AYPY and Tapini installed too.)

Don't know if it is related, but I don't have the waterfall at AYEO that was in FSX.

Edit: Sorry, I forget to turn on the lat/long for the screenshot.  This is looking east, up the river valley to AYEO.

AYEOriver.jpg

This is a Vector issue with the river and streams doubled up on each other, it can be switched off in the Vector control panel by unticking: 'small rivers and streams'

Personally I find the streams a bit inaccurate (in PNG at least), however the PNG river and coastline improvements are fantastic with Vector

I'll move this down to the Vector forum, and see if the powers that be can fix it one day...

Regarding the waterfall, try this: reinstall AYPY followed by AYEO

• Tim Harris changed the title to AYEO river and waterfall [Vector issue: doubled up river and stream]
1 hour ago, Tim Harris said:

I'll move this down to the Vector forum, and see if the powers that be can fix it one day...

Regarding the waterfall, try this: reinstall AYPY followed by AYEO

Thanks Tim.  I'd hate to lose all my vector small rivers and streams just to make this small area look better.

Your fix for the waterfall worked! 

I uninstalled AYPY and AYEO and then installed AYPY followed by AYEO.  There is now a nice waterfall at Emo Mission. :)

Thanks again Tim.

Archived