FTX Textures already cover the world. Don't they?

ba43

:-[ I don't know if this is true or false since I don't completely understand how the scenery files in FSX are configured. But, since I have the FTX AU SP3 DVD of the entire Australian Continent installed in my version of FSX (Gold Edition), if I leave those textures active in the rest of the world instead of turning them off, don't I actually now see an FTX world representation?

I did this yesterday and flew in LIFR weather from a nearby airport to KGEG (Spokane, WA). I thought for sure that the landclass looked like FTX textures. The lakes had the coastlines of Ultimate Terrain, which I also have installed. So, I don't really know for sure how this all sorts out. But it looked like FTX to me.

I know that all the areas would not have the Holger Mesh because I have the FSGenesis mesh for everywhere else installed, but wouldn't everywhere else have the autogen from FTX? The landclass from FTX? ETC??

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but since we were kind of talking in another thread about other areas of the world that we'd like to see done by ORBX, I thought I'd ask.

Brad

Now there's a point. If FTX PNW is installed, will the textures 'leak' to other areas of the US/Canada? (Not that that may be a bad thing of course!)

Cheers,

Noel.

Our textures don't leak Noel. We implement FTX using the FSX SDK and custom landclass, which means our textures won't display outside our defined regions.

Archived