Orbx Vector entries missing in P3Dv3 Library Insertion list

JoHubb

This is a re-install in Windows 10 x64, Previous instances of P3D (v2,3) were removed using uninstallers; some odds and ends were removed manually.

I reinstalled a bunch of previously purchased Orbx regions, LC, Global FTX, and Global Vector one by one.  I re-booted and re-ran P3D after each new install.

On checking the Library Insertion list after installing Vector, none of the Orbx/Vector/*** entries appear. These are present in the P3D/Orbx folder in the main program.

In FTX Central I can configure Vector, and run the auto-configuration although it does not produce any airports in the disabled list on the right. I have v1.52.

Apart from that, FTX Central has put all the FTX entries in the wrong place, above my addon airports! Grr!

So Orbx/Vector has gone AWOL.  I'd be grateful for advice.

John

Hello,

Please go to ORBX\User documents\Versions and delete FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt.

Run FTX Central and you will see Vector marked as not installed.

Select Install product and FTX Central will check and replace any files as necessary.

Please attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file to your next post.

You will find it at :\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3\

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Please go to ORBX\User documents\Versions and delete FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt.

Run FTX Central and you will see Vector marked as not installed.

Select Install product and FTX Central will check and replace any files as necessary.

Please attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file to your next post.

You will find it at :\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3\

Unable to install Global Vector, FTX Central shows a greyed-out purchase basket.  Direct download via FTX did not work. I did a manual download but when I saw the large number of separate zip files I took fright.

Scenery.cfg attached.

scenery.cfg

Er, not quite, unfortunately, Nick.

Missing textures in P3Dv3 at EDWI, Wilhelmshaven.  I have the EU freeware airports installed (these include EDWI) and also Germany North.

This pic is the P3Dv3 version,

EDWI_castle-in-air.jpg.ac4bc91773809e42149d2379ceff3812.jpg

This one is with FSX, using exactly the same Orbx sceneries.

EDWI_FSX_castle-in-air.jpg.78cb44d6d435ad8872fcf1992afa6419.jpg

Sorry to burden you with yet more problems! 

Regards,

John

Thanks again, Nick.

That is what I thought but according to FTX Central I they had been installed.

I deleted the ....User Documents/Versions/FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.txt file, and installed from FTX Central again.

Same result. 

Solved.

The Orbx scenery Lib was not enabled in the P3D scenery library. I thought this was automatic - I never had to actively enable it before. Just to be clear, the Orbx Library was listed but the box was unchecked.

In the same way, although most of the Orbx LC folders were enabled, a couple were not. Again, these were listed but their boxes were unchecked. .

Can you think of any explanation for these behaviours?

I'm glad this is sorted as these little gripes get under one's skin! 

Many thanks for your help again.

Regards,

John

Archived