object problems at Curacao

Rongor

Running P3D v4.0

I am not sure if this is related to openLC NorthAmerica/SouthAmerica or only to Vector, but I noticed following misplaced objects around Willemstad:

with Vector scenery indexes activated:

3hTYxRdFS46ZirUG6hh3OQ.png

with deactivated Vector those objects are also there but reasonably match with the scenery...

bf9mhMpEQI6IQI-qFNWiYw.png

This includes mostly huge building blocks, some of them on the water (one is outside of the following pic, south of Willemstad) and the two misplaced bridges...

TLtYRM5YQ1qWAGXym_vwTg.png

Just wanted to report this, in case there is something to be done about it.

Thanks!

Hello,

this is quite common when using Vector to correct the coastlines.

The default coastlines are often nowhere near and when Vector correct them,

default coastal scenery objects and in some cases whole airports are left at sea.

I would guess that the large buildings would be an attempt to portray the numerous hotels.

Hi Nick,

I understand. Yet so far I always thought something like this would be corrected also, because this looks somewhat ugly as it is.

I wouldn't have been surprised if the openLC  (NA or SA, whichever is responsible in that area) would also lay a hand on this, but I guess this is only true for autogen.

Any idea how to get rid of this? Some exclude mechanic? Or would I have to find and deactivate the objects file of the default scenery?

I think I have found a solution and will post it here for others facing the same problem when using vectors:

[DRIVE]:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0303\scenery\OBX29270.bgl needs to be deactivated, for example by adding the ending ".off" to the file name. All overboard objects around Willemstad, Curacao are gone!

:)

Thanks Nick, thread can be closed...

Archived