order#5a477ac1c4b52 Please help activating

ant1862

Hi, I hope I'm in the right spot, I have an issue with my first purchase, its the FTX Base Global. 

I purchased & downloaded it. It asked where to store what I thought it said backup files, so I clicked "documents".  Said download was successful.  

After restarting computer & running FSX-SE, I did not notice a change in anything, so I went to documents, found the two files "TEXTURE" and "SCENERY", copied & pasted them in "Program Files x86", hoping that would do it, but I still see no change. Any advice? Thank you much. 

I'm running a decent system, 3 monitor, if there is anything else you need to know, please let me know, hopefully we can get this going, thanks again. 

'

Hello,

I had a similar problem that should be solved:

since today I am a new customer and purchased under:
Orbx order receipt 5a46579075793
FTX Gernany south & FTX Global openLC Europe.
After 1 h download time, saving the zip file of Germany south to my external disc was not possible due to zip file corruption.
I just bought these 2 programs in advance because I will have a new PC system within the next 3 months using my old FSX or Prepare 3D V4 ( now with 64-bit ). So I like to know why I could not save the download file on my external disc to install it later when my new system is available. Message : zip file corrupted or invalid. and " not enough disc space " but I have 2,7 TB free on my external disc
At the moment I still use XP and a 32-bit system
Thank you for your supply
Andy

Hello,

welcome to you both.

To ant 1862:

Please start again and reinstall FTX Global.

When you have, then install the latest Orbx libraries and all should be well.

To Andy.

You would probably be better advised to leave the installation of your products to when you have your new PC.

There is no limit on when or how many times you can install the products and FTX Central v3 will of course

not work with Windows XP.

There really is no need to download the products, just let FTX Central install them when the time is right.

Hi Nick, thanks much, but id like to ask why should I reinstall? The files are there already, maybe I just need to download the Orbx libraries? And if so, where do I do that?   

And if for any reason one had to reinstall, we would first have to delete the first download file as to not have it on hard drive twice?  Thank you for your time and advice.

Hello,

if as you appear to have said, you copied the backup into the flight simulator, then you 

over wrote the new files and therefore undid all the changes made by the installer.

If you reinstall any thing, it does not create a second copy, it simply overwrites the first.

If you open FTX Central, you should see a quite large notification, in blue with white writing,

telling you that the libraries need to be updated.

Click on that and install them.

Hi Nick, I promise, last question, I updated the libraries like you said which yes needed to be done, and then, unlike before, the  Orbx sceneries are now visible in the FSX scenery box. I thought all was good but when I test run a default FSX mission, there are these square like black blocks among the houses/buildings, about the size of a house/building wall.  They stand out very much, from ground to air. Any ideas?  Thanks again and if I have any other issues i'll get a tech guy to my house. Thanks.

20 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to you both.

To ant 1862:

Please start again and reinstall FTX Global.

When you have, then install the latest Orbx libraries and all should be well.

To Andy.

You would probably be better advised to leave the installation of your products to when you have your new PC.

There is no limit on when or how many times you can install the products and FTX Central v3 will of course

not work with Windows XP.

There really is no need to download the products, just let FTX Central install them when the time is right.

Hello Nick,

thank you very much for your short but complete answer. That was my main question if I can store my purchased products in my ORBX purchase list

until they are needed later on. Just want to take the opportunity to buy your kind  2017 offe at it´s end.

Thanks in advance and have a happy new Year.

DSCI0830.JPG

Archived