Static ai A/C

stoney

• 2 weeks later...

Hello KORS-lovers,

I have read this thread and because KORS is one of my favourites in PNW, I just wanted to check this function by myself.

The Control Panel gives the option to check or uncheck the Airport Non-AI Static Aircraft

Use this option to disable the static (non-AI) aircraft placed around the airport (Default = Enabled) This can increase performance on lower end PC's.

This brings me to the following observations and questions:

- I see lots of airplanes parked, but I don't see any difference when this option is ticked or unticked. My TRAFFIC Settings are 16% for GA traffic density as per User Guide

- I think that 'static' means that these type of planes will not 'spontaneous' begin to taxi (static), but what does 'non-AI' mean ?

- Static does NOT mean that those types of planes are always positioned at the same location after restarting the sim, correct?

- When I interpret the description correctly, after enabling this option there should be no static aircraft placed on the airport. 

Indeed I see several planes standing and waiting (some more than one hour) with a pilot in the cockpit and suddenly the plane starts to taxi.

Nevertheless I also see planes with blurred (?) windows which gives me the impression that the cockpit is empty, so this might be a static plane, which should not be possible when the option is enabled.

Still awake?

Best regards Fred

Non-AI means they are static library models. They don't move, don't change position, don't interact with AI, don't interact with ATC, they are as interactive as the hangars and trees around them.

If an aircraft moves, it is part of the AI traffic. 

I believe if the option is checked, statics are enabled. 

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your answers.

Two final questions:

1) A simple (stupid ?) one: where stands AI for ? (I only know this abbreviation from Artificial Intelligence (ICT))

2) Is it correct that static planes are randomly placed after restarting the sim or are they always at fixed positions as the the other interactives (hangars, trees)?

Regards Fred

Archived