SoCal Scenery Update

Emo Jim

Hi. I have been using PC Aviators Mega Scenery for over a year now for So Cal and it looks ok when at higher altitudes. Now my friend told me to get ORBX so cal scenery because it is 10 times better looking and even at lower altitudes. So i bought it yesterday and installed it on my system. Man, i have to say, this program is way better looking then PC Aviators. I am extremely happy with the ORBX So Cal Scenery for FSX Steam. But here is kinda a major issue for me. The airport i learn from and fly out of is KSEE in El Cajon. Back around 10 years ago, they built 3 new highways in San Diego. Now the major highway that we use at KSEE to fly the pattern is the 67 and the 125. Now the 125 is where we base out cross wind turn most of the time. Anyways, i would like to know if anyone knows if ORBX will be coming out with an update/upgrade to a newer updated scenery that will include these highways anytime soon? I can deal with it for the time being as the better scenery makes up for it. Here is a picture i uploaded for you to see what i am talking about. The yellow lines are the highways. The 67 on the right of the picture is running north and south then connects to the NEW 125 right above the upwind orange arrows and then on the cross wind again going north and sound is the other NEW 125 connector. Those two highways are not in the ORBX So Cal scenery that i just bought. So hopefully this can help someone get the right message to the right person to answer this question for me. But great job guys. KSEE even looks more real compared to the Stock FSX one. 

20171214_232816.jpg

Hi Everyone,

in my SoCal scenery these highways seems to be included... Using P3Dv4 and Vector. But i think that in "full" ORBX Regions neither mesh nor vector influence the scenery, because it brings it own type of... But maybe I'm wrong.

kjTuPmK.jpg

Thank you guys. I'm confused over so many replies. Lol Now someone mentioned FTX vectors. I do not have that installed with my socal ORBX scenery. Should I? The few pics that a couple of you showed me look different than mine. Is that from loading FTX Vectors or installing FTX San Diego? Other than that my Windows 10 system is running ok so far. :-)

Hello,

I read this:

Now my friend told me to get ORBX so cal scenery because it is 10 times better looking and even at lower altitudes. So i bought it yesterday and installed it on my system. Man, i have to say, this program is way better looking then PC Aviators. I am extremely happy with the ORBX So Cal Scenery for FSX Steam. But here is kinda a major issue for me. The airport i learn from and fly out of is KSEE in El Cajon.

and from that was given to understand that your observation was about ORBX So Cal Scenery, NA Southern California.

For this reason, the comparative screen shot is of NA Southern California.

It is not of FTX San Diego, KSAN San Diego International Airport and it is not of FTX Vectors, FTX Global VECTOR.

ORBX So Cal Scenery does not appear to have any missing roads.

Archived