Insertion points

Hi 

I am having a problem with FTX Central, if I set up the insertion points as recommended, i.e. the first as a"t the top of the scenery library" and the second as "below FTX" then all of my Orbx scenery appears at the bottom of the library, meaning I have massive elevation issues. 

I have the usual greyed out addons at the top that I cannot move and then everything else and then Orbx. 

Is there a way to fix this as the sim is unusable at the moment?

I have 

Global

OPEN LC NA and EU

FTX England

FTX Southern Alaska

and some airports

Thanks

Mark 

Hello Mark,

thanks for the screen shots.

In your image of the Insertion Point tool, it is set correctly.

However, in your image of your scenery library, it is set exactly incorrectly.

If you did click on Save and that happened, please attach a copy of

C:\programdata\Lockhedd Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg and I will attempt to see why this should be.

Thanks.

Hello,

I append my experience to this thread, because similar

without touching anything scenery related - I don't even remember since when - suddenly my scenery priority list became like markdavie83's: everyhing Orbx went at the bottom

in the last days I've only flown over PNG, and installed two purchased carenado aircrafts and LatinVFR KMIA4; yet, also after that, sceneries were depicted correctly, until today

although the FTX insertion points appeared to be correct, I fixed the issue, just by selecting different insertion points, then saving, then selecting back the default ones, then saving again: the Orbx sceneries turned to be displayed correctly again

my question is:

is it something that I did without knowing?

is it a p3dv4 shortcoming?

thanks

Hello,

with all due respect, the answer probably is "something that I did without knowing".

Once set, there is nothing in FTX Central that can randomly change the scenery library insertion point

without any customer input.

I am also not aware of anything in P3D v4 which can do the same.

If I was asked to guess, I would suspect that the installation of the Latin VFR product, if it writes to the scenery library,

could have been the cause of this anomaly but that is only a guess, based on it being the only likely influence on your scenery.cfg file.

Archived