Problems installing openLC Europe in P3Dv4

Liffy55

Hoping someone can help.....

I've begun installing all my Orbx scenery in a new installation of P3Dv4 but openLC Europe refuses to cooperate.

Using FTX Central it takes several hours for anything to happen following initiating product download - once download actually begins the remaining approx 20Gb on my SSD C drive  is totally consumed leading to a freeze-up and abandonment in despair. I've also tried installation following a manual download of the scenery and pointing FTX central to the location on one of my HDD drives where the download is placed, but the same thing happens on the C drive - all the space is consumed before the files can be installed - and FTX seems to be downloading despite being directed to "Install from my manually downloaded zip".

Might not seem like a lot of spare space on the SSD but there's been no problem installing FTX Global BASE pack/ FTX Global Vector/ FTX openLC North America; So seems to be related to openLC Europe?

Any thoughts/advice would be very welcome!

Hello,

Here is a post by Nick on creating more room on your C: drive.

Hello,

most likely the shortage of space is on your C drive.

The installer uses the Windows temp folders to work.

In the case of very large products, the requirement for enough

space for at least twice the product size can run a drive out of free space.

The best solution, if this is the case, is to move the Windows temp folders to a drive

with more space.

This is one of many links to the fairly straightforward process.

Archived