[P3Dv4] Very blurry textures

colin99

Hello,

as in the title stated I have extremely blurry ground textures. When I change the texture detail from, lets say, 15cm to 7 the textures load fine and quite sharp, but after a time they become blurry again. I'm using FTX Global and since yesterday openLC Europe. I've only noticed this issue since installinc openLC Europe, so I'd suppose it got something to do with that?

Cheers

I did indeed install the libraries. The problem seems to be existing since installing openLC yesterday, and giving out coordinates wouldn't be very useful as the problem appears everywhere. It seems as if the sim loads all textures in range, but the doesn't reload any texture out of that range anymore, as I can dive into the menu and force the textures to be reloaded by switching from 15cm to 7cm and so on... Then the textures are sharp until I fly like 4-5 mins and then they are blurry again. Unfortunately I also can't post a screenshot right now, as I'm over the atlantic at the moment..

I can just post a little update: over Canada/North America the textures are not blurry. I did do a restart of the sim during the flight, maybe that fixed it, or it really is an issue from openLC, where I only own Europe, which would explain why Canada/North America is fine. Guess I'll have to do a flight in Europe tomorrow to see if it was just a problem that was fixed after a restart or if it really is a problem...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

any new on this issue ? cuz i'm having the exact same problem but with FSX-SE:

On a stock fresh install of FSX-SE (in FSX mode), no addons, stock 172, fps capped to 24 ingame, absolutely no tweaks...then i add

- FTX Global

- FTX HD Trees

- FTX Vector

I can install all of theses without any issues : no perf issue, no blurries, everything is crisp and smooth as butter

but as soon as i add OpenLC (USA or EU) i get blurries, more precisely i can start from any airport, everything ok and fly in any direction after 5 mn of flight ground textures are more and more blurry... pausing the sim does nothing so it's not a perf issue. It feels like the sim doesn't know when he have a to load a texture.

The only way to get a detailled texture again, is to refresh the scenery..... 

Scenery complexity doesn't seem to have any influence on the issue...it's always about 5 minutes no matter the scenery.

If i remove OpenLC from FTX Central (or manually disabling it) everything is back to normal. I can even fly over KSEA at 24 fps locked (no traffic addon) without any issues.

I'v spent 2 days of the issue, tried everything even made a fresh windows 10 install.... everything fine until i add OpenLC.

On a final note, it's a problem wich seems to have appeared recently. i had a hiatus of 4 of 5 month in 2017 and when i came back flying in december, the problem was there. I switched to P3D for now, but i really want to fly again my good ol collection of AC in FSX-SE....

If you need more info, test, screenshots or logs...ask me.

FTX Global BASE Pack 5853cd8673f93

FTX Global openLC North America 5853d6360e66a

FTX Global VECTOR 5853cd8673f93

etc...

Archived