Orbx issues with P3Dv4 scenery.cfg pointing to P3Dv3 addons

I've had Orbx for couple of years . .  never really understood where the scenery.cfg is if not within roaming/Lockheed/P3Dv4. I have deleted the scenery.cfg file there and let it regenerate, but when I try and look at it with "Scenery Config v1.1.7" it says there are "structural errors" and it cannot display. Perhaps this is just an incompatibility with SceneryConfig app but I want to know what order various orbx elements should be in v4 scenery.cfg file when I want to "reference" rather than "duplicate" what I already have installed in P3D v3. Can someone explain or point me to some doc I can read. Can't find a manual on line either

Thanks

Cookedinlh

Wow . .  THANKS! . . . that solved virtually all my issues with scenery. I installed latest SCE 1.1.9 and reconfigured my P3D v3 scenery file with groups and sorted all my photo scenery properly . . tested it in v3 and then just copied that scenery file over to the P3D v4 directory and it works AMAZING now . . frame rates are fixed and its a lot easier to turn areas ON or OFF now. Funny how just a few simple bits of knowledge can make things make sense. I've been searching all over forums and websites for weeks to solve these fundamental issues. . . now it all makes sense.. . still looking for an orbx manual. Used to have one somewhere but searching on "Orbx Manual" just turns up how to download manually. . . so now that I'm smarter now . .  searching "Orbx Operator Guide" I found it.

Much appreciated Nick.

Cookedinlh

Archived