NZWR problem for consideration by Alex Goff

noels7

Hi Alex

"My problem with NZWR ( and this does not occur at any other Orbx airport that I have checked since installing NZWR)

is that if I use  either S button on keyboard or  S assigned button on X52 Pro joystick and then use hat-switch on joystick

to move around tarmac P3D v4.1 freezes and then crashes.

Will start another thread. With NZWR disabled in scenery library problem still exists.

Problem does not exist at YMML, YBCS, NZQN or NZMF for example.

Will try uninstall/reinstall of NZNI and NZWR before I start another thread."

As you advised I have started a new topic regarding problem I am having with NZWR.

1. Problem remained with NZWR disabled.

2. Problem also indicated when NZNI was also disabled.

3. Completely removed NZNI and NZWR from my computer.

4. Downloaded fresh copies of NZNI and NZWR.

5. Installed NZNI and selected NZWR (default airport). Problem does not occur.

6. Reinstalled your NZWR. Problem returns, P3D freezes and eventually crashes.

7. Checked NZAA to confirm problem not related to NZNI. No problem occurred.

8. Disabled NZWR in scenery library again and selected default NZWR with NZNI still installed. Problem disappears.

9. Cleared shaders folder contents (C:\Users\Noel\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders). No problem at any of the parking positions.

10. Ran MakeRwys.exe and AEC and applied.

10. Reactivated NZWR in scenery library. Problem has now disappeared. Maybe your expertise can determine what was causing the problem.

Saitek hat switch on X52 pro joystick definitely was not a factor I believe.

noels7

Hi Noels ... I have an X52 pro and have never encountered your problem ... anywhere in the ORBX world. So - I agree - I don't think it's the stick.

I'm intrigued when you say you use "S" to move around the tarmac. Isn't "Y" the more usual key <?>. Traditionally, "S" changes the view (usually VC to external view). Maybe your mappings for SLEW and VIEW are a little mixed up? Unless you mean you drop into external view to watch your aircraft taxi around the airport.

Try disabling collision detection - and see if that cures it. You may be parked too close to a building when you start.

Adam.

I am having the same problem over  and over again. I have tried many different things.  It is when switching views that causes CTD.  I does not happen anywhere else in the flight sim world just at this new addon. I cannot use it as it is. I do not have the x52 even the keyboard views causes CTD.  All my hardware work for the rest of the sim.

I have tried some above posters methods already . It is just the new NZWR I am having this problem.  No the S key isn't mapped to anything else.Collision is turned off.  All my settings are the same which work fine. I cannot use this airport If I just sit in my plane and look out the front window its ok.

FYI.

Wayne

Alex,

I just spent all morning this day, Saturday from 8:00AM to 1:30 PM working on this problem.  It sure takes a long time to unload change settings and reload P3D.

To make a very long and detailed report short as I took 4 pages, handwritten notes on what I did for each step. I will not relay all that here though. In short;

I am using P3DV4.1. There was no error message at all in the event viewer as it never was a computer - P3D error. 

I like others have a lot of addons to my system which all work wonderfully together, sort of. After all was said and done the last thing I did was disable the .bgl files in the folder NZNI for NZWR. With these files turned off I was able to "fly" the NZWR airport and use the view keys as they should be. It was working correctly when I turned off the computer a few ago. If these files were supposed to be turned off automatically, they weren't. If these files were to be left active that's what is causing my problem.

5a19e43fe36a4_bgloff.thumb.jpg.5f81239dce406c0e9f397c75088fb67f.jpg

So with that I guess you can say it is fixed. No controllers were at fault, no other scenery was causing an issue, no CFG's were making a problem, just these files.

Thank You,

Wayne

Archived