Complaints procedure.

R Smith

I'll make it here and via ticket.

I purchased both ORBX Global Base and Vector, I have been experiencing issues with the terrain of with I have received assistance with and advised of various possible fixes, however none worked and was later told by Nick Cooper....

You will not be able to fix this, I now know that the fault is with Vector and this should have been corrected years ago.

This has upset me as this indicates to me that this issue will never be fixes and I've paid a lot of money for a product that advertises that,

Accurate coastlines, Rivers, lakes and other water bodies. Vector uses new shoreline and beach textures to add more realism which provides a more integrated and natural appearance

Clearly this is not the case as I've pointed out in this thread..

The thread has since been locked preventing me from asking for more assistance and as a paying customer I am fully entitled to do until I'm happy with my purchase.

I have taken screen shot of all posts made and will be contacting Trading standards tomorrow.

Thanks.

As you wish.

All your questions have been answered, you have been given a totally

honest explanation of why that part of the virtual Thames is not flat and

an undertaking, already started behind the scenes that the problem will

be addressed again.

If you feel that this level of service is not acceptable, I am sorry.

The screen shots of the posts are not necessary as we have no intention of

removing or amending the answers to your questions.

There is no more assistance to be given unless or until Pilot's restore the flatten.

Once again, if you wish to post on the Avsim forums on this subject again, please

use copy and paste.

Thank you. 

Can you kindly confirm this part please,

I will try and see if the Vector developers can do anything but their previous answer to the same question has been that rivers

have bumps in them in the simulators. :(

All your questions have been answered, you have been given a totally

honest explanation of why that part of the virtual Thames is not flat and

an undertaking, already started behind the scenes that the problem will

be addressed again.

Does this mean you have asked them and a fix is been looked at?

Also the FTX England and FTX Global openLC Europe pack doesn't have issues with rivers as kindly shown by Smudger.

Are these packs made by the same developers as the Vector pack and if so will they update Vector with the data from these packs to fix the Thames?

These are not everywhere, they were only made where the developers thought the customers might fly most, near

cities and airports for example.

London has a lot of airports, Heathrow, Gatwick, Stanstead, London City, Luton also some more minor airports like south end, I fail to see how they deemed the London area one of the busiest air spaces in the world would not be flown in by their customers, do you know why this area was left out?

Thank you kindly.

(Please do not lock this thread as this is an ongoing request.)

Hello,

yes, I have asked for a review and progress report on Vector.

Vector is the only product marketed by Orbx that was developed by

Pilot's.

Open LC products do not contain Vector data and cannot affect mesh or water elevations.

EU England was not developed by Pilot's and I have explained in the locked topic why the

Thames is flat when using that product of the default simulator.

# R Smith      just a heads up from a longtime user of Orbx products whenever I have had a problem Nick has been very quick to assist and issues are usually speedily resolved. Just sometimes things are in the hands of other, non orbx developers eg airfield scenery, Pilots Vector etc so humbly I suggest always be polite and occasionaly a thank you goes a long way. Please take this in the way intended ie a friendly nudge in the right direction

Archived