ERROR: You don't have a license for this product in your Orbx Directory

TyTyCherriePie

i purchased Orbx Europe England off of eBay to use for my FSX account. When the installation had finished, I loaded up FTX Central and i was prompted with an error that stated "Unhandled exception has occured in your application" I then got around the problem, went onto your website and downloaded FTX Central 3 to which upon updating i was prompted with another pop up saying that "You don't have a license for this product in your Orbx Directory" then I got very confused as I had just installed it via the disc. What should i do?

I've took the problem to Orbx Facebook but they said to ask in here

23619003_167656587162522_1608436273_n.jpg

23634813_167656577162523_445334166_n.jpg

You did what!!!

Why would you do that? Isn't it common knowledge most likely covered in the legalese that you can't resell a licensed product. One does not own the product one only purchases a license to use it. And if you don't want to use it any more, its to the garbage.

Good luck with this one.

9 minutes ago, TyTyCherriePie said:

I'm only young so i didn't really think about that! Plus 50 Gbp is very expensive for a single scenery add on, cheers anyways

Sorry if I sounded harsh. I just though that everybody knew the rules around software, and most folks that are involved with flightsim are, shall I say, older and often well healed in money, IE retired.

Don't loose hope. There are regular sales at which you can get things at reasonable prices. Flightsim tends to NOT be pocket book friendly. Most of us have spent $1,000s on addons and continue spending all the time. I have purchases four addons this month, $150 CAN, one being Orbx Germany South.

cheers

Welcome to the forum(s). Spending on a sim isn't all that bad. Once you spend the money you have the sim forever. I got my PPL almost 50 years ago but I seldom fly in RL anymore. At USD$120/hr  for a wet 172 the sim looks awfully good. Especially when you've seen the ground in RL for as many years as I have. For me, the enjoyment of the sim comes from the flight planning and the navigation (forget the eye candy). I'll never get the chance to fly from SFO to LAX in the left seat a real 737 but the PMDG 737NG gives me the chance to load the FMC and fly away. Try it, you'll like it..........Doug

23 minutes ago, Triplane said:

Welcome to the forum(s). Spending on a sim isn't all that bad. Once you spend the money you have the sim forever. I got my PPL almost 50 years ago but I seldom fly in RL anymore. At USD$120/hr  for a wet 172 the sim looks awfully good. Especially when you've seen the ground in RL for as many years as I have. For me, the enjoyment of the sim comes from the flight planning and the navigation (forget the eye candy). I'll never get the chance to fly from SFO to LAX in the left seat a real 737 but the PMDG 737NG gives me the chance to load the FMC and fly away. Try it, you'll like it..........Doug

Agreed! I do like great scenery though, love to navigate from A to B.

I have taken only one flight in past three years and that was to a funeral. Other than that I can't afford to just jump in a plane somewhere.

The key is to focus on addons that fit your flying style, and slowly methodically add stuff, it takes a long time to "build" the sim to one's liking.

Archived