ORBX!OPENLC_ Scenery entries after Global Base Pack Install - What are they?

MaxArk

I've installed FTX Global Base pack and have noticed that 3 entries have been added to my scenery library:

What are ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1, ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA and ORBX!OPENLC_BASE?

Is this what I installed? I was under the impression that openLC are addon products from ORBX. Are these the same as the FTX Global OpenLC Europe and North America products? According the the manual, Global Base only provide a demo LC feature for the Baltic States in Eastern Europe.

Can I get rid of them? I'm not prepared to balance my UTX with FTX products at this time.

Hi

Please do not be misled by the names of the entries, there has been no OpenLC products installed with FTX Global Base, but just to confirm, below are the four entries that should appear when FTX Global Base is installed alone with the Orbx Libraries.

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug, yes ... those 4 entries do appear. Thank you for the clarification.

I would keep these in the default location as they were installed without any interference with UTX? Eventually I'd like to pursue FTX openLC for North America for the landclass, and maintain UTX for the vector information (disabling any landclass applications) ? Does that sound like a sound approach?

Yes, retaining the default location for FTX Global base should be fine....I am not sure about the mixing of UTX (I have never used UTX) and FTX OpenLC but below are a couple topics FYI and you should be able to find more info here in the FTX Compatibility Forum also below.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/80-ftx-compatibility-forum/

Cheers

Doug

Archived