Trouble with AEC sometime ago

JimNZ

Hello All.

Sometime ago I reported that I had lost the capability of using the AEC.  I went to Global Vector, clicked on L & Rt buttons and nothing.  I was not given the option of using the AEC or the other 3 options, nothing came up.  I tried going to AEC within the folders but that only took me to sceneries then to a large load of .BGL's.

I have followed the excellent help given by Nick and Doug but again it does not work.  I wonder therefore, if I get Norton to exclude Vector, uninstalled it then reinstalled Vector would this be worth a try.  I ask you both first, as I don't want to make a mess which I have a long history of doing.

Many thanks,

Jim.

No Brad.  I didn't.  Found my way to Orbx, then to Vector as you described ( thanks for that) tried left and right mouse buttons, nothing except the left button took me to sceneries then further into those .BGL files.  I don't know why this should be Brad.  Have you any other idea's.  What about my mention above about doing an uninstall  of Global Vector and a reinstall?  What are your thought's on that?

Thank you so much for helping me.  I really do appreciate it otherwise I wouldn't know what to do.

Regards,

Jim

Hey Jim - It sounds like you found the Orbx folder in your sim . Double click on it to open it up - you should then see several folder's . Double click and open up the folder named

FTX_VECTOR . There should be a exe file named FTX Global Vector Configuration tool.exe . Double click on that and the Vector program should open up .

John

Oh, right Brad.   You have been so helpful.  Righto I'll follow what you said exactly.  I'll wait for my neighbour to get home (we are the real 'dads army'):P .  I'll keep you closely informed.

Thank you yet again, Brad.

Jim.

They put me to bed Brad, so I grabbed my lappy and typing in the dark here.  Sorry, they are a bit jumbled but that's how they came out.  You can see what follows what by the order they have on the list.  You will also notice that in one of the pictures that Vector AEC is shown at the bottom.  While taking the picture it changed so I'll have to revert it back to the top.

I certainly hope you can find something but I have a sneaky feeling Vector may have to be reinstalled.  Yet, it has worked flawlessly since day one until my last entry.

Thanks again Brad.

Jim.

Hi Brad.

I really appreciate your help, but in answer to your last message you will notice in picture 2  all above that when I press FTX VECTOR, FTX VECTOR AEC comes up, so I click on that and all I get is SCENERY.   Picture 4 if you follow the path, takes you to picture 2, then there's no other option except one, and that says scenery.

All I get when I open Vector ( see pic 4) is 6 folders ( with AEC)  showing at the top (it was at the top but reversed to be at bottom after I took the picture I will reverse the list shortly).There is absolutely no other file/folder except from what is shown above.  I apologise for the pictures being out of order but as I mentioned above if you follow the path you can see the order they should be.

Nick has found something very interesting which I have passed onto Steam.  Apparently, I have 2 accounts ( long story) so I will wait now for Steam to investigate.  However, thanks very much for your help.

Jim

Archived