Flight 1549 into the Hudson River - 3D reconstruction (Youtube)

Serge

I came across this site which has done an analysis of the ditching into the Hudson River of US Air Flight 1549 some time ago. It includes a couple of 3D animated videos and audio comms during the event. It's been put together very well and the 3D animated videos (HD on Youtube) are excellent. It highlights what a amazing job the captain and copilot did to put it down into the river with no fatalities.

http://www.exosphere3d.com/pubwww/pages/project_gallery/cactus_1549_hudson_river.html

Regards,

Serge

Thats one of the best and complete animations of this sort of event i have seen yet. Brilliant. Really cool to hear all the controllers working together.

Perfect conditions for a perfect outcome. Even the improptue organisation of the rescue effort by the river ferries was brilliant.

It surpirsing to hear after this that Ditching is only taught in theory and that they dont do simulator ditching.

Damage etc got removed from the picture after a certain event 8 years ago

True. However individual aircraft developers have included damage modelling into their aircraft. I have the DO-27 and it's damage system is great. If you land it too hard the dash can break loose and other visible damage occurs. The engine can be damaged by over use without maintenance etc and the cabin will fill with smoke. Oil and grease can splatter across the windshield. It's great, problem is i hardley ever use it as the plane is so damn heavy on frames.

Russ.

Archived