FS2 Meigs Scenery Update Part 2

Stanley Williams

I too am waiting on the Chicago update.

John Venema (Orbx CEO) stated on another thread recently that work for a PNW region (USA-only area) has started and the new Netherlands region will also become available for AFS2 later on. Plus it was also stated that work was being done on an internal tool to help Orbx developers port their airports over to AFS2.

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

I have tested a build of the autogen buildings but have asked IPACS to also add trees to this large area. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

sorry JV to bother you but I thought this was an Orbx product and so why would IPACs be doing the trees?  who did the trees in Innsbruck? Innsbruck looks great.  It was the Netherlands photoreal talk that got me to purchase it for FS2.  Im still trying to figure out where to put my money.

I was thinking this Meigs project was actually the first 'photoreal region' type thing (albeit small-ish ).  I guess Im wrong?

Alex - I've asked JV over thirty questions in all the years Ive been on these forums and he has never once responded to me directly.  The streak continues. I have no idea what I did to the man.

What you say makes sense I suppose.  I'd rather have PNW being worked on.

Will the rest of Chicago ever be done by Orbx (including the photoreal base)?  Orbx does a better job with the PR than does IPACS imo.

Archived