To Buy or Not to Buy

I am not trying to start a feud but this is a genuine concern.  Very little has been said about AeroFS2 since the introduction of Miggs Field.  If you at this forum, there is very little activity.  And to boot,   very little coming from JV or others at ORBX.  JV endorsed the product to me as an additional sim, not a replacement to P3Dv4 and that's fair, but what I am afraid is that FS2 may have been a flash in the pan and very little more.  As VR has captured the attention of the folks at LM, it seems we are moving in that direction with P3Dv4.  But I am now re-thinking the whole FS2 platform.  If further development is slow or non existent, It may be time to pass.

Henry

9 hours ago, Alex Goff said:

I am hoping to port Block Island after I finish my current project, if that gives any hope :)

Good news and hope too you can do it :P It will be great with the North eastern Ipacs DLC. Thank's for the info.

And for AFS2 i buy it personally for it's great performance with not a high end PC and it's ease to use (for a beginer like me think's it's a good choice) . Of course AFS2 need a lot of work ( but ok for me actually, can spend a lot of great hours on it) and if you search a finish sim it's better to wait. And as JV says about AFS2  it's a marathon not a sprint.

20 hours ago, windquest said:

I am not trying to start a feud but this is a genuine concern.  Very little has been said about AeroFS2 since the introduction of Miggs Field.  If you at this forum, there is very little activity.  And to boot,   very little coming from JV or others at ORBX.  JV endorsed the product to me as an additional sim, not a replacement to P3Dv4 and that's fair, but what I am afraid is that FS2 may have been a flash in the pan and very little more.  As VR has captured the attention of the folks at LM, it seems we are moving in that direction with P3Dv4.  But I am now re-thinking the whole FS2 platform.  If further development is slow or non existent, It may be time to pass.

Henry

Seems you missed this:

Archived