pd3v4 wont start just hangs

trainut123

p3dv4 keeps hanging,  uninstalled vector ok tried to uninstall land class wont  uninstall,  {error request % local app date % \ orbx/ ftxc3. log ] what are they asking for and how do i find it  the problem seems something connected with ftx i am trying to do a new install, all working fine up to yesterday installed 2 free orbx flights then i think there was a microsoft update, the 2 freeware as been delated my files in control panel seem ok after  a pd3v4 repair,    it stated all repair succsesfull, tried again still hangs, when started  help needed rgds  fss0469300

Hello trainut,

If you could post the error log as requested, it will explain the problem and the guys here can guide you in the right direction.

It is at C: - Users - YOUR NAME - AppData - Local - Orbx/ftxc3.log

Smudger.

smudger thanks for your reply, i must 1st tell you i added pdsv4to a dedicated (f) hdd. weather it makes any difference i no not . i looked in c drive got as far as local only one file found (orbx could not see any log,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i will keep looking rgds david         fss0469980   found log how do i include in reply to you i have log on my screen not ure how to do it

Hello Dave,

The errors = The 'link' start tag on line 30 position 3 does not match the end tag of 'head'. Line 66, position 4. and = System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

I am sorry, but with this I am out of my depth, hopefully Richard or another of the knowledgeable devs will see it and guide you.

Smudger.

Hello Dave,

You could be right about that Mandatory security patch KB4041676 which was released by Microsoft on Tuesday, there have ben reports in the media regarding computer crashes and Blue Screens of Death and other problems linked to it.

In theory it should only affect your C: drive and although your P3Dv4 is on your F: drive there are links to C:

In your situation I would do an uninstall and reinstall of P3Dv4, in doing so I would follow Elaines excellent tutorial, below, because for a clean install you will also need to remove the links on C: drive. Check also about deactivating your license before the uninstall.

Smudger.

thanks smudger will this also get rid of FTX which as also got faults mixed in with the problem re ad the  tutorial very good i think i can even follow it,  my install was perfect first time but FTX ever seemed to be quite right looking for FTX file dont seem to be in control panel    dave   if i have kb4041676 shall i delate it            fss0469300                                                                                                                     

ok mate managed to follow guide.. and i am up and running again, this time i am loading my orbx stuff one at a time /ie one each day to see how it goes .upon the reload i see all orbx stuff is not installed again so i can take my time. first loadup was quite slow, had me worried, but now start up is near instant , smudger thanks again mate dave

Archived