KCVG airport

Don Gore

Hello Again

Just discovered today that KCVG airport tarmac areas and taxiways are covered with trees and houses. I have both OpenLC and Global Vector running FSX.  I know a similar problem with Kmco was fixed so Im hoping you have one for KCVG also.

Thanks

Don

The libraries, I think.

You can persuade FTX Central to update them like this:

1. If FTX Central v3 does not automatically update the libraries, you can go to

ORBX\User Documents\Versions\ and delete FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT .

Run FTX Central again and only the files that you need will be downloaded and installed.

Hi again Nick

This is what I see at Kcvg with Orbx global vector and Openlandclass NA installed.

1cj4iOK.jpg

This is what I see when I uncheck the orbx vector and openLCNA entries in my scenery Library of FSX

PeFFshM.jpg

FTX Central tells me I have the latest versions of vector and openLCNA installed.

From what I see I dont think this is a scenery library problem but I can give it a whirl

Regards  Don

Hello Don.

Thanks.

This is what I see with every FTX product installed and the scenery library correctly ordered.

FSX

Untitled.jpg

P3D v4

Untitled.jpg

There is one file only in the ORBX folder for this airport, 

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_KCVG.bgl.

Please update the libraries and then refresh your terrain.cfg file, as in this topic:

Also, please ensure that your scenery library order is correct.

Hi NIck

I have the file that you quoted above dated 4/10/2014. I have updated the libraries to JULY 2017 date and there is no change. Unlike the CYYZ texture morphing issue this is not  the same the textures do not morph and remain as you see in the photos. In the scenery Library FTXAA_orbxLIBS is at the very top of the orbx entries directly below my ADDON SCENERY entry.

Ive concluded the problem is the airport files im using for this airport. It has 2 files in the addon scenery folder and I object file in the default scenery GLOBAL folder . Since the  default scenery is being overwritten by orbx the airport file in the Global folder is being overwritten. I replaced this airport with a single afcad bgl file in my addon scenery folder and the scenery now is as it should be.

From now on this is the first thing Im going to check for if I see this again at a airport.

Thanks Again

Don

Archived