square lakes and the Florida Keys

av8r1313

hello,

yes sir. the libraries are installed

i have FTX Global, open LC NA, and vector.

i remember a long time ago having a similar problem with FS9 and Ultimate Terrain (square lakes and bad coast lines in Florida) but i dont remember the cause or fix

Please also try this.

Go to ORBX\User documents\Versions and delete FTX_OLC_NA.TXT and

if it is there, FTX_OLC_NA1.TXT.

Open FTX Central and Open LC NA will show as not installed.

Select install product and FTX Central will check all the files.

I f that still doesn't work, please try the Force Migration on the seytings page 

and if that still doesn't work, this:

Hi Nick-

I can confirm the OP's original problem. I saw this also days ago while trying to fly the hurricane from Key west.

The problem is caused by one of the Orbx entries in the  terrain.cfg file. I used Holger's  idea to revert back to the

archived terrain.cfg in the Orbx directory. The result was that Key West downtown looked normal for default P3D V4.

I next ran the Orbx Central which automatically updated the terrain.cfg  , adding substantially to the file size. Next, I started 

P3d and found Key West all messed up with the OP's symptoms near the downtown area of Key West.  Given enough time.

I could have narrowed down the exact entry causing the problem.  But  I bought the commercially available Key West add-on,

and forgot about it. Still, It's Orbx's fault.

Dave Swigert

I have some new information. I have fixed my original Key West problem. In FTX Central

I uninstalled the openLC North America. That allowed a proper sim behavior in Key West.

Next, I reinstalled openLC, expecting a return of the original problem- But nothing of the 

kind happenned. Everything appears to be working just fine. Anyone else with the OP's experience may want to try this simple solution.

I would have thought that Central automatically detects incorrect versions and files for the underlying base products.

Dave Swigert

Archived