KEGE Elevation and Navaids

downscc

Running Objectflow 2 beta, I notice several obvious errors.  Airport elevation should be 6547, location should be N36 38.565 W106 54.957, variation is 13E.  Runway should be 9000x150.  The ILS is not I-EGE but I-ESJ.  All of this information is available free from the FAA National Flight Data Center at the following: https://nfdc.faa.gov/xwiki/bin/view/NFDC/WebHome

I should add that using ADE Prokey version to modify the airport elevation, add a flatten polygon and add the altitude stub to the world\scenery folder, after adding an .OFF to the Orbx altitude stub, remedied any elevation problems at the airport.  Yes, keep the exclusion for Vector as well.

Thanks.

Very informative.

Since exact accuracy is clearly very important to you, let me show you where your coordinates direct Google earth to.

Untitled.jpg

I feel sure that the developer will comment when he returns.

In the meantime, you might consider the need for the runway in the simulator to correctly fit the photo insert and

the fact that the simulator can only have one elevation for an entire airport, rather than one point on an airport

with undulating terrain, as in the real world.

https://www.airnav.com/airport/KEGE

RUNWAY 7                                          RUNWAY 25
Latitude:  39-38.461668N   39-38.669667N
Longitude:  106-55.905333W   106-54.007373W
Elevation:  6460.9 ft.   6547.4 ft.
Gradient:  0.9% UP   1.0% DOWN

Blush, a typo obiously. Sorry. Correct typing is N39 38.570 W106 54.960  The airport location was within 1 min. so There is that.  AIRNAV is a good source, their source is the link I provided but their web format makes it easier to find most stuff.  The NAFDC data will also include not only physical runway locations to within 0.0001 second but also the location of the displaced thresholds and precise locations for LOC, GS and DME transmitters.  The visual landing aids however need to be measured using Google Earth, I haven't found a good source yet for those locations.

Also, there are multiple elevations for an airport.  Each landing zone has one but their is only one listed for the airport as a whole.  How the scenery designer elects to resolve the flatten requirement is never wrong.  If the ADP elevation is selected, then at least the AIRAC data used by most addon aircraft will have landing zone elevations that agree.

Finally, it takes time to put everything in agreement with NAFDC and I only did it with this product because of the incorrect ILS identification, which i consider a gross error.  Today I was setting up GSX parking at Orbx NA KSAN and I found that that developer basically may have just accepted the default navaids with all their errors. For example, LOC/DME 27 does not have a glideslope but the Orbx product does. Should I start a separate topic for this?

• 2 months later...

Archived