Terrain elevation issue

speedbird144

Greetings. 

I noticed several holes in different areas. One of them is in KSEA area outside the airport, another in KMEM area about 50 nm away from the airport. I ran Auto Configuration and it did not detect any elevation issues for these airports, despite KMEM and KSEA did have elevation issues. I added these airports manually and it fixed KMEM and KSEA but those holes outside the airport are still there. 2017-09-04_152149.png2017-09-04_152345.png

Hello,

I'll take a guess that those are two images of the same water.

The one next to KSEA is caused by Vector correcting the water elevation for accurate mesh

but you not having any accurate mesh.

I have no idea where to find "in KMEM area about 50 nm away from the airport" but I would

expect the cause to be the same.

Neither has anything to do with airports.

There is no shortage of mesh, both freeware and payware.

Here is a similar problem that you would no doubt also see.

I had the same problem with KSEA.  It's a vector problem.  I don't know what's meant by Vector correcting the water problem for accurate mesh.  First, I used FSX default mesh there (FreeMesh).  If vector corrected the water area, why not correct the entire KSEA area?    

Maybe you could go into the vector elevation program and change KSEA.  If that doesn't solve the problem, it looks like a vector bug, plain and simple.  

It would be a Vector bug, except that Vector is designed to work with FsGlobal mesh or an equivalent.

Vector corrects the elevation of water and with a suitable mesh, the water in the images is level with the

surrounding terrain.

Without an addon mesh, these anomalies are widespread. The AEC has already been applied.

If you are going to offer advice, please at least take the trouble to ensure that it is valid.

Vector does not include any terrain mesh files. Mesh is used to provide the definition of mountains and undulating terrain so the smaller the distance between each mesh point (the resolution), the better defined these features look in the simulator. We recommend you check the compatibility forum in the link above or the FTX forums to research what the best terrain mesh product is for Vector. 
Orbx has also partnered with PILOT’s who have released a download version of their worldwide FSGlobal2010 Mesh product, called the “FTX Edition”. This is the mesh product Orbx beta testers used when testing Vector and although it is not required or mandatory, it’s a quick solution to provide a worldwide mesh which you can purchase and download from the flightsimstore.com – this is a ~24GB download though so be aware that’s a lot of data! 
Vector also works perfectly fine with FSGenesis and a myriad of other freeware meshes available. 

Archived