issues installing Global Vectors

SirGr3mlin

hi there guys, so ive been having some issues with FTX as of late.

Actually, i purchased Global Base and Vectors a while back. but was never that impressed with it. i ended up setting up 18 save for screenshots and took them after installing each addon.

from default to global base the difference is visible.

then after that i didnt really see much of anything happen. 

now, i had tried free textures and vectors in the past so though maybe a fresh install of FSX:SE would help. well.. that was a mistake. its taken me 2 days and countless GB's to get it re-installed.

but now im up to adding the FTX Global Vectors. and it has an issue installing, i start installing and makes it up to 10%, downloads 38mb and then changes to extracting, it then appears to crash FTX Central. (i say appears because ftx central seems to still respond ok for a while then its hangs.) once ftx central hangs my computer tends to stop responding and requires a resetting.

I have tried going into settings and "clear temp" and still havent seen any change.

I have deleted the %appdata%/Local/Orbx folder and reinstalled FTX central. aswell. with no joy.

I notice it seemed to have issue when in came to extracting. so i was wondering what ftx extracts its files with.

any help would be great!

:: Update :: i decided to try installing other stuff just now, ive opened up my temp folder to see if i could see if the same behaviour happened with Global NA Airport Pack.

and it appears to do a very similar thing, where it starts extracting and fills the folder with 2300(ish) zip files. it then slowly increases 1 file, then down 3. this was the exact behaviour i saw when installing vectors. however NA Airport Pack seemed to complete its install ok.

sorry i forgot the transaction details.

FTX Global Vectors & Base : 596060d17a92b

I attempted to re-install it again and took some screenshots.

ad3DUe5.png <-- Install in progress as per how i expected.

Xg3NQGP.jpg <-- Install always stops here changes to extracting and appears to be doing something for a while. then ftx central will start locking up and if left it will lockup my pc as well (i left it installing overnight)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this is the official tech support for ORBX correct? Im just confused. i ended up having to figure it out for myself. which involved decompressing the download and the use of a second PC.

But not a single replay, is there another reason other than no one has replied?

Doug Sawatzky, thank you for replying man! i though maybe my posts where hidden or something.

I ended up managing to get it to install eventually. after i dont know how long, i was just about to give up too. 

i had to do something really strange with the manual download to get it to work. like decompress it and make ftx central think it was a backup. it then took just short of 6 hours i think to install which seems strange to me.

anyhow its all going now. i just wondered if there was a reason i never heard back from anyone.

cheers Doug!

That's great to hear! And again our apologies for letting you down. Yes Vector is a strange animal and has been a challenge for most of us, we have found that using a download manager and doing it the manual way as you have discovered works best. but it will keep getting better.  For your future reference I will also leave below a couple of links in hopes they may help for some other Orbx adventure. :)

Cheers

Doug

Archived