NA Blue airports

willultra99

Hi,

First I would like to say your scenery is amazing.  Unfortunately I have not been able to buy any of your products yet bcause my computer cant run them properly.  I am in the process in building a new rig with a I5 so when that is done I will certainly become a customer.  Secondly I have visted B.C a couple of time and both times flew into Pentiction airport (CYYF).  I was wondering if there is any plan to do this airport in the future.

Thanks,

William

Hello William,

I agree that Penticton is a neat airport the way it's sitting on that narrow land bridge between two lakes surrounded by beach resorts. I just drove by it again a few months ago. However, it's several hundred km east of the FTX Pacific Northwest coverage area. As with eastern Washington and Oregon the dry interior of British Columbia is very different from the wetter western parts of North America and would require  different land class and associated ground textures.

Having said that we're pretty sure that once FTX PNW is released there will be a flurry of airport enhancements, both freeware and payware, and perhaps some of those will "spill over" into adjacent areas not yet covered by FTX.

Cheers, Holger

Hey there Holger,

I live minutes away from Pitt Meadows (CYPK). any plans to do this airport? or perhaps Langley (CYNJ) Abbotsford (CYXX) or Boundry Bay (CZBB)? I have been enjoying the FTX au series and am extremely excited to hear that my own backyard is about to get the FTX makeover! Thank you all for the top notch work you do.

Cheers Rick

Hello Rick,

Langley and Pitt Meadows are part of Vancouver+ (by Jon Patch and myself), which we will update and upgrade for FTX PNW users. See http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?t=1581 (note the bit about special pricing for the planned FTX version!) and http://secure.simmarket.com/fsaddon-vancouver-for-fsx.phtml

For any other airports the usual pre-conditions apply: high-res aerial photography of the airport area as well as suitable ground-level photos or buildings and structures for modeling. And, of course, interest and time by a developer or two  :D

Cheers, Holger 

hello Holger,

That is fantastic news, i really look forward to see what lies in store for this beautiful region. I have been simming for 20+ years and am so excited about this project. You guys have set the standard for fsx scenery. As a resident of the lowermainland I can"t wait to see how accurate this region will be! I do a lot of fishing up in the Squamish region and in the fraser valley and a lot of real world flying there as well. I had the Vancouver+ package and was blown away by the attention to detail. Rest assured that I will be purchasing ALL the PNW series airports as this is one, if not the most beautiful place on earth to fly! Thanks for taking the time to respond and for the heads up on vancouver+. I have my credit card in hand waiting ;D Thank you for all your contributions to the fs community!

Cheers Rick

Thank You Holger for your reply.  I am really looking forward to this scenery and the surrounding airport upgrades.  How far inland does your PNW scenery go?  I looked through the website and really couldn't tell exactly where it ends.

Thanks Again,

William

Hi. everyone,

I was looking on the fourm and found the link for Google earth which shows the PNW area which is covered.  Very nice feature if anyone else would like to download this it is in the preview srceenshots and video section of the forum

William

Archived